Apple in danger now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachelle

credits to the "intentional" slowing down of old iphones, APPLE is going to suffer badly. a large mob has sued the giant to a heap of charges. keep your fingers crossed. something big is going to be a part of your daily news.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Oh I think Apple are big enough and rich enough to pay off the 'mob' suing them, they won't want this to get to court.

bright_user

True, but this might lower a lot of their sales. A lot of people are annoyed at them! Especially with the stupid excuse, they gave on the reason behind slowing the phones intentionally. Has anyone had similar problems with their MacBooks, I am wondering whether it is good to invest in one finally?

Last edited by a moderator:

Amethyst

Silver Level Poster
I thought I read somewhere via Uswitch that Apple was offering reduced price replacement batteries for the iPhone to resolve this issue?

bright_user

I just read on their websites that they are going to change batteries worldwide for $29 until Dec. 2018. I will definitely check whether this is true or not, it will be so nice to have my battery changed! But I am a sceptic, it's too good to be true :sweatdrop:

ragnar28

Hmmm they certainly are taking a few knocks , this after the UBer issue , when they found out that anybody with an iphone and uber app allowed uber to trace finger movements on their phones. BUT in another story google has suddenly invested in Go-Jek one of ubers main competitors , and i think think this move has more to do with cutting of all of apples branches if you will.

bright_user

Hmmm they certainly are taking a few knocks , this after the UBer issue , when they found out that anybody with an iphone and uber app allowed uber to trace finger movements on their phones. BUT in another story google has suddenly invested in Go-Jek one of ubers main competitors , and i think think this move has more to do with cutting of all of apples branches if you will.

So this will be the slow death of Apple?

ragnar28

NAh wont be the end for apple , they had their two issues with the i phone batteries and uber , now facebook been caught selling data of 50 million users to some firm. I have no doubt in my mind even google has its grey areas, so now the heats off of apple and on facebook for now ( fan boys can go back to being in denial ) . Until some other company has a blunder with one of their not so moral business practices.

Corporations hold on look at Microsoft they have been getting a hurting put on them for a while now , but they are slowly making a comeback.

Bppery

credits to the "intentional" slowing down of old iphones, APPLE is going to suffer badly. a large mob has sued the giant to a heap of charges. keep your fingers crossed. something big is going to be a part of your daily news.

That is why i switch to Android phone , One day Apple will be beaten by android.

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is starting to sound like the PC-MAC debate. :)

I don't think that Apple are 'too big to fail' but I think they're too smart to fail. In any case, just as with PCs and MACs there is plenty of room for both and I for one am glad to have the choice.

mdwh

Enthusiast
That is why i switch to Android phone , One day Apple will be beaten by android.

As far as I know the demand for iPhone is growing day by day.

Android outsells ios many times over, not even in the same league. The only time ios sold more was in the early days of Android - when Symbian and many other platforms sold way more. Ios failed to ever be number one despite all the endless desperate advertising and hype. Even by company, Samsung has won every year since around 2011, before then it was Nokia.

The claims that apple cell phones are growing every day and this year will take over has failed every time.

"just as with PCs and MACs"

Macs are PCs, it would be like saying PCs and XPSs or PCs and Clevos. Putting 4th or 5th place apple on par with everyone else put together makes no sense. In terms of platforms, there's Windows, Chrome, Macos, Linux, so yes good to have choice. However my understanding is these forums are for discussing PCS machines, not competitor machines (although you can run Linux on them, of course).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
However my understanding is these forums are for discussing PCS machines, not competitor machines (although you can run Linux on them, of course).

This is the 'Apple' forum so discussion of things Apple is perfectly acceptable in here.

FWIW I reject the suggestion that 'A' is better than 'B', the truth is that 'A' is different from 'B' and some people prefer 'A' whilst others prefer 'B'. Diversity is a positive influence in technology and is to be welcomed. I am very much in favour of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.