Arctic thermal paste.

masyarrum

Bronze Level Poster
How much of a difference does this paste make compared to the standard? So is it worth the extra £9?

Thanks

grimsbymatt

Enthusiast
How much of a difference does this paste make compared to the standard? So is it worth the extra £9?

Thanks

It's worth having, that's for sure. You could buy your own and apply it for cheaper, but that's enough of a pain to not bother and just pay the £9, IMHO.

Spuff

Expert
I don't know what the exact type of Arctic paste PCS use, or what the standard paste is. Because of that I couldn't say what the difference between what PCS offer is. Looking at comparisons on the net of pastes it looks like the lowest difference you could expect is about three degrees. I would say three degrees is worth £9 over the several years I hope to be using my PC for.

Last edited:

masyarrum

Bronze Level Poster
This gives an idea of the affect of thermal paste:
Thermal-Paste-Comparison-3.9GHz-i7-4770k.jpg

I don't know what the exact type of Arctic paste PCS use, or what the standard paste is. But because we don't know what the exact type of Arctic paste PCS use, or what the standard paste is I couldn't say what the difference between what PCS offer is. If it is three degrees I would say that is worth £9 over the several years I hope to be using my PC for.

Thanks a lot! Seems worth it to me now!

Spuff

Expert
I edited that chart out because I feared it was a bit big and may have been a bit misleading given the uncertainty about the pastes PCS use (the gap may be greater or smaller), but I'm glad it was illuminating.

Last edited: