Are PCS drivers up to date?

Alir

Silver Level Poster
Are drivers on PCS website always kept up to date or should I download drivers from elsewhere?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
generally you should always go to the manufacturers website for the latest drivers, but outside of the GPU its probably not too important unless you have an issue.

tonlev

Silver Level Poster
I never knew that the drivers were on my PCS home page, but all the dates of the drivers seem to be quite old mostly around 03/02/2014 however I did notice that the bios driver has a date on it of 13/05/2015 and that is definitely not what is actually the one on my laptop at present, however PCS has a cautionary note saying DO NOT UPDATE THE BIOS UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN REQUESTED TO DO SO BY THE SUPPORT TEAM]
[WARRANTY VOID FOR INCORRECT USE]
So I would assume that it is not required to be updated on my laptop.
But it is an interesting question

Pagey

Bright Spark
Slightly off topic: Windows 10 drivers are pretty comprehensive for my old Optimus IV, you shouldn't even need to worry about finding and installing drivers for it. But yeah I know, it's not out yet. XD

Alir

Silver Level Poster
So for the Lafite laptops, where shall I download drivers from?

Since there are different components, where can I find my most up to date drivers?

I mean because it's custom built?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
AS a rule id say you don't need to update any drivers unless you have an issue. Apart from GPU's you don't tend to get much benefit.

Alir

Silver Level Poster
AS a rule id say you don't need to update any drivers unless you have an issue. Apart from GPU's you don't tend to get much benefit.

I'll be installing the operating myself and hence there will only be the barebones of drivers btw

Alir

Silver Level Poster
PCS would not have installed any drivers because I will be installing my own copy of windows 8.1