Are there any 2K laptop options?

Mnemonic

Bronze Level Poster
I bought a Defiance II laptop from PCS many years ago, and have been extremely happy with it. I recall having the option to configure it with a 2K panel, but decided to go with FHD instead.

I'm now looking for a laptop with a 2K panel, but haven't seen any configuration options for PCS laptops with this option.

What gives? What has happened to 2K laptops?

Alternatively, would PCS be able to fit a 2K panel on my 15.6 inch Defiance II?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought a Defiance II laptop from PCS many years ago, and have been extremely happy with it. I recall having the option to configure it with a 2K panel, but decided to go with FHD instead.

I'm now looking for a laptop with a 2K panel, but haven't seen any configuration options for PCS laptops with this option.

What gives? What has happened to 2K laptops?

Alternatively, would PCS be able to fit a 2K panel on my 15.6 inch Defiance II?
2k is 1440p, there are very few in existence and PCS don’t stick them (and never have), it’s normally either 1080p or 4k.

Mnemonic

Bronze Level Poster
I'm pretty sure they used to - when I bought my Defiance II, I'm pretty sure there was a 2560x1440 option.

It's a shame, personally I think 2560x1440 is the sweet spot on a 15.6 inch panel.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm pretty sure they used to - when I bought my Defiance II, I'm pretty sure there was a 2560x1440 option.

It's a shame, personally I think 2560x1440 is the sweet spot on a 15.6 inch panel.
I know, it’s a crying shame, it would optimise mobile GPU’s perfectly as 4k is still out of reach, and the 2060 upwards are overpowered for 1080p.

I have no idea why it hasn’t been better adopted, very strange.