Argh! Help... changed order during build

Good news! My build (3090, 5900) has started after 42 days.

Bad news! I found out after I upgraded my SSD to the 2TB Samsungs in stock.

Is there any way this can be flagged urgently to the guys making my build (I have the name from my order but won't put it on the forum)

I am on hold to tell PCS... but have been for the last 45 minutes

MrWilson

Godlike
Good news! My build (3090, 5900) has started after 42 days.

Bad news! I found out after I upgraded my SSD to the 2TB Samsungs in stock.

Is there any way this can be flagged urgently to the guys making my build (I have the name from my order but won't put it on the forum)

While you're there, would also recommend changing your cooler to the H115i RGB PRO XT. I would personally have misgivings about relying on the Noctua to look after the 5900x.

Rakk

The Awesome

Basically the only way is to stay in the phone queue until you get through, and hope it hasn't gone into testing by the time you get through - they can still change it at that point but they'll have to take it apart again first and the amendment charge may go up

While you're there, would also recommend changing your cooler to the H115i RGB PRO XT. I would personally have misgivings about relying on the Noctua to look after the 5900x.
Thanks, but I have lost a PC to damaged (EDIT: water) cooling in the past.

Last edited:
Phew! I got through to customer services. It may be of help to others to know:

I was told that for so long as a system is "in building" changes made on the configurator should pull through to the builder automatically.

(Sorry to the poor chap building mine!)

And, given that my last watercooler was not AIO and used distilled water, I bit the buller on the H115i

Phew! I got through to customer services. It may be of help to others to know:

I was told that for so long as a system is "in building" changes made on the configurator should pull through to the builder automatically.

(Sorry to the poor chap building mine!)

And, given that my last watercooler was not AIO and used distilled water, I bit the buller on the H115i
Modern AIOs are insanely reliable your CPU will thank you.

Enjoy your build :)

Bhuna50

Author Level
Once its in building you can still process amends to the order, BUT you will probably get charged a small amendment fee. I changed my order from an Intel laptop to an AMD whilst it was in testing LOL - luckily the first one had failed testing otherwise it would have been sent out to me LOL :D