Arkham City Steam code - how do I use it??

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there, sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't figure out how to redeem this Arkham City steam code I've got with my new GTX570. I've managed to get as far as being sent the email with the code, but what on earth am I supposed to do with it?? On steam there's the option to pre-order Arkham City, but it wants card details, there's no where to put in a voucher code. Any clue how to do this? They seem to be making as difficult as possible! Will the facility to redeem the code only become available once the game is actually released perhaps? Any advice would be welcome!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think if you go to Library, at the bottom is a bit about adding games. There is the "Add Game/Add Non-Steam Game" bit etc, and there should be something about redeeming/adding/using a code there. I can't look at it now as no Steam at work, but that's the only thing that springs to mind...and in no way would you have to go through the Store page to get it :) That would just defeat the whole object of the code :D

Let us know if that helps/works :D

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
Ah ha! Thanks guys, I'll check that at home tonight. I'll probably wait until the game actually comes out to try and redeem it though, just in case.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
If you redeem it now (it WILL work) then you can preload the game before it gets released, then on release day you only need a tiny download (for the .exe)

Although I'm not sure exactly how many days early.