arriving soon, any ideas how it will perform, and how would i benchmark it ?

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi guys have just reposted this here as looking for how you think it will perform and how do i do benchmarking on this, thanks

Case CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Fan Controller NONE

Change to: NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Cable Tidy NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Home Installation NONE
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Charity Calendar NONE
Pricing Information

Narcotics

Rising Star
Last edited:

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thank you for all that info i was wondering what to do about fans and temperatures, as im new to this really. i will take a look at all the downloads you suggest and maybe download them now on this pc and just put them on a cd so that all ready when pc arrives, just to speed things up. i will post pics as well as soon as i can, thank you very much for your help. it really has helped lots, just thought of a couple of questions, with the fans will that program give me an idea of what i should set them at ?, could you explain what a load test is in basic terms, and is there certain figures im looking for. thanks

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
The GPU fan can be left on automatic, so you don't need to worry about that (same with the CPU).

If you have case fans installed, consider a fan controller to control the fans with the twist of a knob :)

I believe a test at load is running the PC at full capacity, so CPU at 100% etc to see how stable it is, what temps, if it can cope etc :)

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
i have now included the sentry fan controller in order, and am wondering if pcs would set that up for me so each fan would alllready be set to temperaure setting so i could just run it on auto, or would i have to phone them when i recieve pc cause i aint got a clue what temperatures for each fan and what lvl to set the alarm at .:):)

Corfate

Author Level
i have now included the sentry fan controller in order, and am wondering if pcs would set that up for me so each fan would alllready be set to temperaure setting so i could just run it on auto, or would i have to phone them when i recieve pc cause i aint got a clue what temperatures for each fan and what lvl to set the alarm at .:):)

I think they will set it up for the fans in the system :) Any additional you add, you'll have to plug them into the controller :) It's not hard to do though :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster

I got the fan controller and every fan in the case is connected to the fan controller (done by PCS), using the sentry fan controller is very straightforward. The display window will show the temperature and speed of each fan, you have the choice of Auto or manual (just by pressing auto or manual). I have not bother with alarms, it is at default settings but it is also easy to get that sort it.

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thanks for the reply, so you use the fan controller as it comes from pcs and i could just select auto and let it do its thing? . i just was under the impression that you set up each temperature for each componant so that it adds more fan speed if the heat goes up so temperature levels would need to be set . im proberly talking rubbish :) . also my motherboard seems to have a few features, would this all be set up by pcs for the system or would i need to play about with it a bit .

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You could select auto but I leave it in manual and put all the fans at 100%, the fan controller shows 5 fans and each fan (on auto) can be changed to a different speed if required.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
thanks for the reply, so you use the fan controller as it comes from pcs and i could just select auto and let it do its thing? . i just was under the impression that you set up each temperature for each componant so that it adds more fan speed if the heat goes up so temperature levels would need to be set . im proberly talking rubbish :) . also my motherboard seems to have a few features, would this all be set up by pcs for the system or would i need to play about with it a bit .

You got the GTX 680 and I assume you are getting the jetstream version, those are really cool (temperature wise). The cpu cooler you have chosen would also be ok since you are not overclocking. My pc was fully functioning and everything already set up once plugged in :)

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
well changed my spec slightly , and its now in building told would have it by weekend, here it is. now just remember how to benchmark it when it arrives . so below is what has been built

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Fan Controller
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity