ASUS® ROG Strix X570-I Gaming - Space on Rear Port I/O shield

CRMS

Can anyone tell me if there is space on the motherboard rear port I/O shield to fit a USB 2.0 2 socket screw panel?
Like this:

Looking at the MB manual paragraph 2.3, seems that there could just be space in the vicinity of ports 1/5 - DP and HDMI and ports 2/6 - USB and USB C.

Or even just a single port:
Thanks.

CRMS

There is a USB 2.0 9 pin header on the motherboard and I want to use USB 2.0 ports for gaming wheel. So I can either put the ports on I/O shield panel, which would be neat or thread something like this through a suitable hole on the case - the fan mounting slots on the rear panel look favourable. Most cases only have USB 3 and a case with USB 2 port is too small for graphics card.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Sometimes there are compatiblity issues with some hardware, VR headsets are particularly vulnerable to USB 3 controllers, but usually there's no problem.

Yeah, I've heard of issues with Fanatec too (my setup) but I've been fine. Tends to be determined by USB Controller firmware/hardware.

There should be a couple to choose from on the ROG STRIX so I would be surprised if at least one option didn't work directly from the board itself.

The PCi bracket would be my recommendation if it was required. I would suck it and see first though :D

CRMS

There is no spare slot for a bracket. I know things should be compatible and backwards etc. But I want to minimise any issues. And the ROG has 2.0 USB 9 pin header but no 2.0 ports on the port panel, just lots of 3.X - which is strange anyway. Cutting the I/O shield is more preferable to cutting a hole in the case back panel - where there is sufficient space on a Define Nano S above the CPU and to the right of the GPU.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There is no spare slot for that. I know things should be compatible and backwards etc. But I want to minimise any issues. And the ROG has USB header but no 2.0 ports on the port panel, just lots of 3.X - which is strange anyway. Cutting the I/O shield is more preferable to cutting a hole in the case back panel - where there is sufficient space on a Define Nano S above the CPU and to the right of the GPU.
There must be spare slots? You can’t possibly be using them all? The case will have blanking plates on but you just remove those.

Oh, it’s a nano case!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I definitely wouldn't advise cutting the shield personally. Not sure where your warranty would stand in such an instance. If you can purchase a spare then go for it.

I would probably remove the IO shield to feed the cable through.

How have you configured the build? Does it have a dual slot GPU on it I guess?

Nano builds are rarely recommended, especially for gaming.

CRMS

Yes dual slot GPU with only 2 slots.
Original case deemed too small by PCS, which had a USB 2.0 port, so upped to the Define Nano S which hasn't!!
It never rains, it pours!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Would the Meshify C not be "small" enough? :)

Personally I would recommend ditching the nano idea altogether and going for a small mid-tower option. It'll run far quieter/cooler.