ASUS RTX 3090 - 3 Blinking Lights

The_Fat_Hog

Hi,

It doesn’t seem to be a problem, it plays games, it does everything it did before the blinking lights, and it just suddenly popped up with me doing nothing different. BUT blinking lights on the GPU seems like trouble.

I’ve googled it and most seem to say it’s a power problem. I find that hard to believe. To me, the only thing I have noticed that is the problem is the blinking lights, the computer behaves no different regardless of what I throw at it.

I’ve updated software, hardware, motherboard, cpu and gpu, everything and anything that has the option to update I’ve updated it.

Kindly help with any suggestions.

Thank you

James.

COMPUTER SPEC

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case FansNONE
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on USB Drive
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)

Attachments

• 9645BD6A-A131-46D1-8CC9-D9E5CBB14E92.jpeg
    9645BD6A-A131-46D1-8CC9-D9E5CBB14E92.jpeg
    476.8 KB · Views: 245

The_Fat_Hog

Solved. I turned the computer off by the power button. Then I switched it off via the power switch on the psu. And then turned the psu switch on. Then turned the computer on by the power button. And the lights disappeared. Logged into windows and the blinking lights remain off.

I still don’t understand WHY that solved it. But temporary fix maybe? No idea.

Apologies for messing people around.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Solved. I turned the computer off by the power button. Then I switched it off via the power switch on the psu. And then turned the psu switch on. Then turned the computer on by the power button. And the lights disappeared. Logged into windows and the blinking lights remain off.

I still don’t understand WHY that solved it. But temporary fix maybe? No idea.

Apologies for messing people around.
Assuming that you’ve got separate GPU PSU cables running to the GPU and they’re not off splitters then it’s a false reading, it’s quite common on the strix models.

Might be worth checking if there’s an updated vbios for the card but run this past PCS before updating as may affect your warranty if they’re not aware:

The_Fat_Hog

Assuming that you’ve got separate GPU PSU cables running to the GPU and they’re not off splitters then it’s a false reading, it’s quite common on the strix models.

Might be worth checking if there’s an updated vbios for the card but run this past PCS before updating as may affect your warranty if they’re not aware:

Thank you I have emailed them as well to see what they think when they reply I’ll ask that question

makan

Same story here ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 and those red lights... Just noticed it 3 days ago.
They are blinking regardless of whether power is on or off...