Audio Noob

dmc76

Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my first PCS laptop which I'll be using mainly for music production and general personal use. Looking at everyone's reviews and experiences I feel like I've really made a good choice and have got the spec I was after for a few hundred pound less than anywhere else. I'm really excited to receive the new laptop and can't wait to put it to good use.

These are the specs I've gone for, anyone else using theirs for music production as well?

Chassis & DisplayCosmos Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 10750H (2.6GHz, 5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® MX350 - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12
1st Storage Drive512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Partitions: 212GB, 150GB, 150GB

Stephen M

Author Level
Whar audio software do you use, if it is Linux compatible dual-booting with a Studio distro is worth it as it will have a low latency kernel.

dmc76

I'll mainly be using Ableton Live and DJ software like Rekordbox or Virtual DJ, I was in the middle of trying out Virtual DJ because of the stems feature when my last laptop packed up. Will be dabbling in MPC 2 a little but staying mainly with Ableton.

Stephen M

Author Level
Unfortunately I do not think Ableton is compatible with Linux.

If you fancy trying a new DAW, Ardour is free, cross platform and very good.

dmc76

Sorry, are you saying that what I've ordered isn't compatible with Ableton? The OS I'm using is Windows 10! I've spent money on Live Suite 10 and an Ableton Push

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry, are you saying that what I've ordered isn't compatible with Ableton? The OS I'm using is Windows 10! I've spent money on Live Suite 10 and an Ableton Push
No, he’s just saying Ableton isn’t compatible with Linux which is much better for audio setups due to low latency.