autodesk 3ds max 2010 problem vortex 3

LDog

ok ive got a big problem that im not sure how to fix.

Games run fine on this system it would appear however ive only tested skyrim/diablo3/sc2 on the highest settings. This program however when moving around a 3D object is very laggy to the point the program can not be used.

ive got a 3Vortex Series:17.3" AUO Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3720QM (2.60GHz) 6MB
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1

my 3dmark 11 score on this is so bad http://3dmark.com/3dm11/4041045 and windows has my card at 7.1 rating so any advice would be great on how to get this running normal.

PS it will work with no lag on a amd athlon dual core 2ghz with 2gb of ddr2 low speed cheapo ram with an old radeon hd 4850 512mb ddr3 Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 as this was what i used.

if you need anymore info just holla.

Adli

Enthusiast
are you sure it is using the GTX680m? it may be using the HD 4000 integrated chip instead.

LDog

ye its usin as far as im aware as i went into nvidea control panel and went into manage 3d settings and under the program settings i made sure it was running it and also when the program is running its showing under the nvidea

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
Well, that's not even close to being a proper score for 680M in 3dmark11. Therefore, I'd say the issue is with the utilization of the card. Either the driver is not installed correctly or the programmes aren't being run by the nvidia card.

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
are you sure it is using the GTX680m? it may be using the HD 4000 integrated chip instead.

I figured the same..

Have you looked within 3ds max.

I cant remember the exact place to go as im away from my laptop with max but theres a part within 3ds max where you can change the graphics card and choose direct x etc.

sometime with max is selects the intergrated graphics and you have to manually change it.

Let us know how it goes as im still looking to get my vortex 3 mainly for 3ds max so id like to know of any issues if there are any.