Average age of you lot.... (or am I too old?!)

Pete

Bright Spark
naaa, it just means that now you appreciate not having to jump through hoops trying to get a game running - editing the config.ini/sys et al to get that little bit more memory.

these days it's more graphics card envy.

Gorman

Author Level
Just checking whether at 44 I should have grown out of desiring a new gaming PC?:D

If its gaming or watching the junk on TV, i know what my choice is. At any age!

The average of the PCS lot is going to be late twenties i reckon.

pengipete

Rising Star
Just checking whether at 44 I should have grown out of desiring a new gaming PC?:D

Sounds like a loaded question to me....

Will we have to give evidence at your divorce?

PS

I'm 50 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Anthony.Ralph

Bronze Level Poster
I am 65 and had a Compaq 'luggable' running Dos 2.XX, 286+287 chips and a 10 MB harddrive + 5.1/4" floppy drive about 26 years ago, so I have seen quite a few changes - but I still have not lost the pleasure of having and using PCs both professionally and at home.

Anthony.

PS No, I haven't got the Compaq now! Have a whole series of machines over the years, all costing about the same in £-terms but with increasing capacities, speeds and capabilities.

Last edited:

SimonM

Ahh, lad - you was lucky. I remember our first 'Winchester' hard disk - 5MB it was. We wondered how anyone would ever fill it.

Rather fittingly, given that Monty Python Four Yorkshiremen sketch, it was installed in a first floor office overlooking Ripon market square. It was used to keep pig breeding records. It must have made an impression, because I can still picture it sitting on a table by the window & the rather impressive view of Ripon market place outside. I only went there once, to install it & train the users. Installed in a Cromart, I think, running Basic on CP/M.

I would have said that anyone too young to remember hard disks (or discs as they were them) measured in MBs rather than GBs wouldn't understand the joke, but YouTube has given a whole new generation an appreciation of Monty Python.

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
25 but feeling 85 after this morning's football match!

You're as old as you feel & act, if kids play games then playing games makes you younger! Winner!

JSG10

Expert
25 also but after tonight I'll be feeling a lot older tomorrow XD Off to Southhampton for a Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde's band - Ozzy Osbournes ex guitarist) gig :D Can't wait! SDMF!

sanj

I'm one of the oldest here at PCS at 39(40 in April)and just waiting for the abuse from fellow worker's come April!:)

Freeley

Same age as Sanj, also looking forward to my 40th this year :wheelchair:
By the way Sanj thanks for making such an excellent job of my pc (order no. 373719) i'm having loads of fun with it!

sanj

Same age as Sanj, also looking forward to my 40th this year :wheelchair:
By the way Sanj thanks for making such an excellent job of my pc (order no. 373719) i'm having loads of fun with it!

Glad you're happy with it mate,all the builders here take as much care and attention to every pc as if it was there own!Bring on my 40th as I feel younger when looking at this lot here at PCS!