Average times

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Think how annoyed you would be if you were position 2 in queue for the build, then all of a sudden was moved to back because of those who have paid for the fast track! that would break me! lol

I avoided using that as an example, as I believe fast tracks do not ever push a non-fast track back down the queue (confirm for meh Gorman! :D ), although this may only be once in the building phase.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Frenchy that feedback is key, but in all honesty, I think PCS give a darn sight more feedback than any other PC company I have ever dealt with. What you also have to think about is that for every 10 people that would see it as a benefit, there are many more than that that simply wouldn't care...Order > Wait > Receive :)

BUT, and it is a big but (teehee), if its something you think would be of benefit, outline it to PCS and see what they say. :D

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I wholeheartedly agree with you Frenchy that feedback is key, but in all honesty, I think PCS give a darn sight more feedback than any other PC company I have ever dealt with. What you also have to think about is that for every 10 people that would see it as a benefit, there are many more than that that simply wouldn't care...Order > Wait > Receive :)

Yep I agree its more feedback than any other I've seen, but just because you currently give the best feedback doesn't mean it can't be better :).

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if its queuing they are probably put to the front, although they will probably continue with the non-fast track ift they are in building phase

andpee

While I partially agree my views are:

As a software developer, feedback is key to everything. If the user doesn't know what is going on or doesn't have enough information they can get impatient. Providing simple feedback can be a great advantage and can lead to less frustrated users.

In this case limited feedback si given as to what stage of the process the build is in. You say it would require manual updating but it wouldn't as I'm almost certain a company that ships 80- 100 computers daily and has backlogs of around 300 - 400 PCs at a time would have a computer system tracking the order stages.

If in the case you mentioned about an order dropping back down the order queue, there could be an info box along side explaining the reason why, for example "HAF-X case is currently out of stock, order being postpioned till case arrives", this would not only let a user know that the order is on standby but also give some users the chance to ring up and change their case if so desired.

I have seen a few people change components due to stock shortage, but some have waited along time before contacting pcs to find out why their order is taking so long, to then be told its due to stock shortages.

Just a suggestion, but I honestly think this would be a great feature to have, it would raise customer awareness and almost certainly reduce the load on the sales adviser on the online chat. Plus it would be extremely simple to implement.

I agree that this would be a nice addition, but if it were not possible to notify of stock shortages on a component by component basis, then perhaps an additional stage could be added between "Pre-Production" and "In Building"? Maybe it could be called "Pre-Building" :) meaning that all the components had been gathered and there were no stock shortage issues affecting the order.

My order is currently at the Pre-Production stage and has been for a few days now, so I was starting to wonder all sorts of things. PCS were very quick to come back to me to confirm there are no delivery issues, but perhaps the addition of this extra phase would serve to put minds at ease.

Last edited: