Awaiting the Delivery of: 'The Sarion'

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
I couldn't help but name my PC. After seeing various other names of computer's rise to fame, I thought It necessary to give mine a completely fictional name - hence 'The Sarion' (Pronounced 'SA-REE-UN') .

- Ordered the PC last Wednesday and it's currently in Processing - UPDATE: Pre-Production (Tuesday 28th) - UPDATE: In Building (Tuesday 5th) - EVGA GTX 570 SC arrived from Amazon (Wednesday 6th) - In Testing & Quality Control (Thursday 7th) - Awaiting Dispatch & Dispatched (Saturday 9th)

For those of you that have ordered from PCS before you'll probably know the worst part is the wait. The long, agonising wait. The research you do before actually buying the PC is fun, or at least I think it is, and of course the purchasing of the beaut' is always an enjoyment. So now I'm enduring the long wait.

When the Sarion officially arrives, I'l try my best to upload some pictures. I'l be sure to do a thread on my experience with PCS and a full review of the Sarion. This thread is here primarily to let PCS Forum members know that I'll be doing a review, uploading pictures and telling of my PCS experience.

Seeing as this is the 'Show of your new PC!' section, I'l post my specs' (be warned - it's not A-****ing-mazing - it's just decent)

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, NVIDIA® SLI™, ATI® CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM)
4GB KINGSTON HYPER-X SPECIAL EDITION GREY - DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 2GB KIT)

Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W TX SERIES (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£99)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Mouse
LOGITECH® G500 LASER GAMING MOUSE (£48)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

I'm buying the EVGA GTX 570 separately - A Blu-Ray drive around Chrsitmas - MAYBE an SSD (if not, another 750GB WD) - up the RAM to 6GB - possible SLI in the future - AND THAT'S ALL!

Thaks for reading. Feel free to comment about.. Anything.

Last edited:

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
i Ordered my Pc the exact same day as you, still Processing. this wait is killin me also lol. someone put me under ice for a good 15days so when i wak up my baby will be here waiting lol.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Same! But when it does get into Pre-Production, it stays there for a bloody long time! Pre-Production is meant to be the longest stage.. It can vary massively though.. Some people get there Desktops in 10 days! Lucky people might I add. I certainly hope we don't have to wait much longer though because the sound on my current computer has literally just gone! Speakers are A-okay! It's my Sound card! :p

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Well with my Luck it will take forever............but it WONT..will it!!!! lol. iv been saving up for this pc since jan 2011 and you think this part should be easy, but its most deff hardest.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Um, no, not really. Off the top of my head! Kinda' like it if I do say so my myself! When are you getting yours?

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
Same! Mines in Pre-Production too.. Should pass through this phase quite fast seeing as I haven't even ordered a GPU with mine!

kulsan

I noticed you also went for the ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO and wireless card - and plan on fitting your own gfx card. I have a tip! I had to fit my 5870 and put it into the top pci express slot but then noticed my wireless kept kicking me off after a few minutes then failing to connect. So i put 2 and 2 together and realised the gfx card as causing some interference. So i had to move the wireless card to the top mini pci express slot and moved the 5870 to the lowest and voila it was fixed :D

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
in building :D

Omg gone into Testing already. gettin super excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Processed Date
22-06-2011

Pre-Production Date
28-06-2011

Build Date
04-07-2011

Test Date
04-07-2011

QC Date
04-07-2011

Last edited: