Background colour setting change problem

My browser contrast seemed a bit bland so tried to adjust in Windows Settings-Personalisation- Background. I couldn`t get any response so tried Alt+ (the up arrow) then Alt+Tab a couple of timse then the browser background changed to black with white fonts. It also removed the picture and colour (to blue) on the desktop.
ALSO a black screen when I re started the laptop (before logging into Windows a/c). So seems not a Windows event.
Any suggestions to get my white background back ,please?
Frank.
(PS had this laptop 7 years)

Is this a PCS laptop? Can you post the full spec from the order please?
Hi ubuysa.

INVOICEInvoice Number: ****** Tel: 0333 011 7000Invoice Date: 06-03-2014United KingdomProduct CategoryProduct
DescriptionChassis & DisplayCosmos Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)Processor (CPU)Intel[emoji2400] Core[emoji769]i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-4200M (2.50GHz) 3MBMemory (RAM)8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 8GB)Graphics CardNVIDIA[emoji2400] GeForce[emoji2400] GT 750M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX[emoji2400] 111st Storage Drive1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)DVD/BLU-RAY Drive8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)Memory Card ReaderInternal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro &Duo)Power Cable1 x UK Power Lead & 90W AC AdaptorBatteryCosmos Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (48.84WH)Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLINGSound CardIntel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone JackWireless Network CardGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N WI-FI CARD (150Mbps)USB/Thunderbolt Options3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARDKeyboard LanguageCOSMOS SERIES UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PADOperating SystemGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence Windows Recovery MediaWindows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve

Changed to windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ubuysa.
I have managed to return the colourings to default.
On restart and on the Windows page to enter password for my account there are three icons at the bottom right. The middle one called "Ease of Access" has a "Contrast" option. I clicked on that and cured the problem.
Many thanks for your reply however I still don`t know how or why the change took place.
Regards
Frank

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Apparently the keyboard shortcut for this is "Left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen". That's a bit wild, but maybe you managed it?