Backlit keyboard Vortex IV question

daveeb

Enthusiast
Hi guys n gals

i've seen several people mention that they are able to customise their backlit keyboard to any colour of their choice. However i only seem to have a choice of 8 colours in the palette offered (including black). The software says "ver 2.3" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Have i got an old version of the software or something as i'd really love to be able to use the colour choices to their full potential if that's possible. Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Pretty sure it's part of Hotkey, mine's version 2.23.25.

Screenie attached to show the colour options, you've got FULL COLOUR on the left and 8 COLOUR on the right, these are hotspots, select either one:

Untitled.png

Mine's the 17" but can't see the software being any different accross 17 and 15"... if you find yours differs, let me know and I'll upload this one.

daveeb

Enthusiast
Many thanks SpyderTracks, that's really helpful and as i suspected I don't have access to anything like what your screenshot shows although i can access the software using the hotkeys. Mines also the 17 inch, if you could upload your version that would be great. :yes:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Many thanks SpyderTracks, that's really helpful and as i suspected I don't have access to anything like what your screenshot shows although i can access the software using the hotkeys. Mines also the 17 inch, if you could upload your version that would be great. :yes:

Will do mate, I'll upload it after work. What OS have you got?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got 8.1 64bit drivers... I'll upload it anyway, but might be best if someone with win 7 uploads there's too...

daveeb

Enthusiast
Thanks for all your efforts ST, I realise i could have got the file from my account page (if i'd known exactly what to look for) but also the file size there seems slightly different to your version (i could be wrong on this !). In any case will i be OK just to run the file you sent and presumably over write the current setup ? Like i say the 4 hotkeys on the number pad currently work fine, just with rather limited version of the colour altering software.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for all your efforts ST, I realise i could have got the file from my account page (if i'd known exactly what to look for) but also the file size there seems slightly different to your version (i could be wrong on this !). In any case will i be OK just to run the file you sent and presumably over write the current setup ? Like i say the 4 hotkeys on the number pad currently work fine, just with rather limited version of the colour altering software.

I would uninstall the current hotkey before installing the new one.

raigal

I would uninstall the current hotkey before installing the new one.

Hi there, i have Vortex IV P150SM , for some reason previous version of hotkey stopped working, i found hotkey for Win7 ver 2.31.40 but after instal nothing happens, i can not lit on keyboard. Any ideas ? Thank you

tashunke

me too

Hi there, i have Vortex IV P150SM , for some reason previous version of hotkey stopped working, i found hotkey for Win7 ver 2.31.40 but after instal nothing happens, i can not lit on keyboard. Any ideas ? Thank you

Same for me with P150SM-A ! 2.31.4 not working, nor the past versions. What can we do ?