Backpacks for DTR Laptops - 17.3''

RicDin

Hello,

I recently acquired a Recoil IV with great specs because I wanted a compromise between something relatively high-end and still portable enough for my every couple of months move lifestyle.

I thought about packing it properly and carrying it along with the rest of the luggage but I am exploring backpack alternatives. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

RicDin

Yeah I have a 17.3'' one but found that it is still not quite big enough to carry the Recoil IV. But I thank you and will check out this one either way.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The one I've listed takes the Octane ;)
That looks Ok, just put one for 15.6 inch on my wishlist
I use it with my works 15.6" laptop and it's perfect. I wouldn't go with smaller to be honest. It's a cracking back pack, holds my lunch n everything :ROFLMAO:

The reason I liked it so much is how strong it feels. I can't see any way any element of it would ever fail. Decent protection too, for a non-hard shell.

Yeah I have a 17.3'' one but found that it is still not quite big enough to carry the Recoil IV. But I thank you and will check out this one either way.

Is the Recoil bigger than the Octane? :unsure:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I just stuck my Octane in for a look at it and, as much as it's fine..... it's close. I don't think the depth of yours will fit (320mm), mine is less and is a snug fit.

That Nova is helluva deep isn't it. I think you will struggle to find a backpack to take that as even an 18" laptop would tend to be less.

RicDin

I just stuck my Octane in for a look at it and, as much as it's fine..... it's close. I don't think the depth of yours will fit (320mm), mine is less and is a snug fit.

That Nova is helluva deep isn't it. I think you will struggle to find a backpack to take that as even an 18" laptop would tend to be less.
Yeah, that is what I feared.

I guess these two power bricks and the desktop CPU don't exactly advertise ease of travel. Might just have to keep repackaging it and sending it with the luggage.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The one I've listed takes the Octane ;)

I use it with my works 15.6" laptop and it's perfect. I wouldn't go with smaller to be honest. It's a cracking back pack, holds my lunch n everything :ROFLMAO:

The reason I liked it so much is how strong it feels. I can't see any way any element of it would ever fail. Decent protection too, for a non-hard shell.

Is the Recoil bigger than the Octane? :unsure:
I ended up ordering the one you listed @Scott

Gavras

Master Poster
I have used my Camelbak for years now, that’s global travel.

remove bladder and the zip area fits laptop.

it also means I have a backpack for work and tourist stuff when weekends off.

For example, China trip laptop, iPad, change clothes, headphones and bunch of other stuff goes in it.

then it’s great for visiting work places, then long weekend take it with me.

its also good that it just looks like a simple small backpack.

travelling with a ‘I have a big laptop’ bag is just being a target.

also anyone putting laptops in hold luggage, check with your employer if you have any works stuff on it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, that is what I feared.

I guess these two power bricks and the desktop CPU don't exactly advertise ease of travel. Might just have to keep repackaging it and sending it with the luggage.
I've got this one which was the go to for 17" laptops, they've got a selection of them now because they were so good, more function over form though, but mine is still in pristine condition 6 years later and has been all over the world with the laptop plus a macbook plus ipad and headphones etc etc, brilliant piece of kit:

Again, you may have to double check on the dimensions, but just about fits my 17.3" which is the following dimensions:

height x width x depth (in mm): 45 x 412 x 276 ( = 1.77 x 16.22 x 10.87 in)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've got this one which was the go to for 17" laptops, they've got a selection of them now because they were so good, more function over form though, but mine is still in pristine condition 6 years later and has been all over the world with the laptop plus a macbook plus ipad and headphones etc etc, brilliant piece of kit:

Again, you may have to double check on the dimensions, but just about fits my 17.3" which is the following dimensions:

height x width x depth (in mm): 45 x 412 x 276 ( = 1.77 x 16.22 x 10.87 in)

It was the 276 dimension that fell over with my bag. Mine is 295 and it's a tight squeeze. 320 is helluva wide :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Be interested to see what you think of it. I've been over the moon with it.
Well it has just arrived so i took a few picks
Rucksack 1.jpg

Rucksack

Rucksack 2.jpg

Front pocket contains DVD writer & external drive

Rucksack 3.jpg

Middle pocket contains power supply

Rucksack 4.jpg

Main compartment with the Cosmos in it

Really impressed with it, loads of room and the construction of the rucksack is really good with good quality zips.

It will be really good when i go bikepacking to Brittany in the summer as it will be easy to carry around on the ferry and have room for plenty of other stuff needed on the crossing.

Great recommendation there @Scott (y)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's quite strange seeing pictures of what appears to be your bag online that you didn't take 😂 😂 😂