Bad/intermittent wifi signal

Klindog

Hey guys, I need some advice about getting a better wifi signal. I rent a room in a shared house so can't mess with the router in the house so I was thinking maybe an extender might help the signal get to my PC and PS4. The router is too far to run an ethernet cable unless I asked the landlord. Also second question, if I connect an ethernet cable to the wifi extender then will the signal possibly be better?

Thanks in advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
if I connect an ethernet cable to the wifi extender then will the signal possibly be better?
Do you mean from the router to the extender, in which case the extender would broadcast a strong signal, but all depends how far away from the extender you are as to how strong a signal you pick up.

If you mean from the extender to your PC, that would just relay the weak signal the extender is receiving.

The easiest solution in shared accomodation is wireless homeplugs.

Homeplugs use the house electrical wiring essentially as network cabling, it's quite clever. There is a little degredation in overall speed but will still offer a vastly better experience. So you plug the master plug in to the wall outlet near the router, and run an ethernet cable to it from the router. Then you plug the receiver plug into the wall socket in your room, and blammo, gives you an ethernet port and good strong wifi.

TPLink are a safe manufacturer, and they're not expensive: