base unit to put my case on?

darksider

Bronze Level Poster
I dont wanna leave my machine on the floor like i used to do with my old pc.

Any suggestions for a solid but inexpensive bit of furniture to stick it on?

Seen some stuff in argos but that's just normal units....i was wondering if there's anything more 'dedicated' thats useful....

darksider

Bronze Level Poster
What sort of thing are you looking for? A stand purely for the cpu or something more? What about something like this?

http://www.paperstone.co.uk/cat_310-4436-4689_CPU-Stands.aspx

not quite...i want something with a little more height.

i seen stuff like this but they can get quite expensive...

418052.jpg

....i'll probably end up getting something like it, i just wondered what, if anything, anybody else might be using.

i have a pretty large workstation/desk but i also have a ridiculously large LCD tv/monitor which just makes it impossible to stick the unit on there.

Anthony.Ralph

Bronze Level Poster
This is part of my little office and you can my see current PCS computer suspended under the Ikea desk. Perhaps something like that? I find there is a reasonable airflow underneath...

Ralph_080614_016.jpg

Anthony.

MickyG

Enthusiast
The chair doesn't seem like it'd be comfortable though, other than that a very cool, spacious and neat setup :)

G

Anthony.Ralph

Bronze Level Poster
The chair doesn't seem like it'd be comfortable though, other than that a very cool, spacious and neat setup :)

G

Actually it is a kneel-on type chair and is very comfortable indeed. Since the picture was taken, I have had to replace the chair because the old one was just that; so old it began to fall apart!

I would recommend a good quality kneel-on to anyone who has back problems as it makes you sit correctly without strain.

Anthony.

shades

Silver Level Poster
I'd echo that. I need a new chair at home and will be getting one of these. Having used a kneel on at work I have personally found they are a far better way to sit at a desk than a traditional office chair.