Battery capacity

Ticktock

I have a new Optimus 11 17" with the 62.16Wh battery. Using HWmonitor it displays Full charge capacity as 53. 90Wh . Is this normal to be so much lower than the than the design capacity?

baines93

Bronze Level Poster
Mine says 49506, and a wear level of 21% already, and for the most part the battery has had full charge and discharge cycles... it's only been used for about two weeks! Hope HWM is wrong... 21% is insane for such a short space of daily usage!

Ticktock

How long have you had your lappy? Mine's already showing 14% wear after a couple of weeks. Perhaps some other members can check theirs?

baines93

Bronze Level Poster
Also only a couple of weeks... It wasn't used much in the first few weeks. The last two weeks it has been used everyday, for hours on end.

I imagine HWM may be wrong. I also imagine that the battery never was quite the full 62.16... I believe batteries rarely are? I presume with bigger batteries the margin is greater.

Obviously the 14% is just a simple calculation HWM makes to work out the percentage of the difference between the max capacity the battery could have ever been, and the actual capacity it ever held/now holds...

Ticktock

Interestingly I have just checked my wife's Samsung netbook which is about three years old original battery used daily, with HWM and the battery status is :
Design capacity 5720
Full charge capacity 5106
Wear 12%
Be nice if some others members checked theirs...

Ticktock

Battery update

My battery wear is now at 18%! Something wrong here. HWM works fine with wife's netbook.

Ticktock

Help from other members?

Could do with some help from other members who have the larger 62.16Wh battery. If someone with relatively new battery could check theirs with free programme like HWMonitor or Battery Bar to see what the full charge capacity is. Mine has dropped to 51.06 already!

Thanks for your help

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Whatever you do with Li-ion batteries, don't leave them on charge after they have been fully charged! It kills them. Charge them up, then use them then charge them up. I made this mistake with my pb laptop, I had a 48840 mWh battery that now has a full charge capacity of 38351 mWh - 22% wear! Really annoying! It now suddenly drops from about 40% to 5%!

Ticktock

My battery was only 53wh from new and I always charge up fully and remove from mains- then use on battery till message to recharge. Have been in touch with PCS. I thought it would be interesting to see what others are getting from new on the upgrade battery. 53wh doesn't seem reasonable to me from an 62wh battery?