Battery Life On Laptops

dani72

Silver Level Poster
Has anyone any idea of the real world battery life of some of the PCS laptops? From looking at the comparisons it looks like battery life is quite poor. Even the laptops with the "huge" 91wh battery are showing only 6 hours from a charge. Maybe that's normal but I would have expected more. Any laptops I've seen in physical retailers get at least 8-10 hours if not more.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Has anyone any idea of the real world battery life of some of the PCS laptops? From looking at the comparisons it looks like battery life is quite poor. Even the laptops with the "huge" 91wh battery are showing only 6 hours from a charge. Maybe that's normal but I would have expected more. Any laptops I've seen in physical retailers get at least 8-10 hours if not more.
Which laptops are you refering to?

If you're referring to a gaming laptop, the 6 hours is incredible.

If you're refering to a business laptop, then that's another story.

dani72

Silver Level Poster
Which laptops are you refering to?

If you're referring to a gaming laptop, the 6 hours is incredible.

If you're refering to a business laptop, then that's another story.

Well come to think of it I probably wasn't comparing like with like. Most of the laptops I was looking at elsewhere were not for gaming. I guess if I'm concerned about battery life I should be looking at the thin & light section of PCS because some of those ones last up to 12 hours apparently. I wouldn't be doing any gaming anyway. It would be mostly web browsing, office 365, audio mixing & possibly some light video editing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well come to think of it I probably wasn't comparing like with like. Most of the laptops I was looking at elsewhere were not for gaming. I guess if I'm concerned about battery life I should be looking at the thin & light section of PCS because some of those ones last up to 12 hours apparently. I wouldn't be doing any gaming anyway. It would be mostly web browsing, office 365, audio mixing & possibly some light video editing.
Then yeah, you don't want a gaming PC. Most of the non gaming laptops will offer good battery life. The Lafite is worth a look.

dani72

Silver Level Poster
Then yeah, you don't want a gaming PC. Most of the non gaming laptops will offer good battery life. The Lafite is worth a look.

Yeah apparently the 14" Lafité Pro gets up to 12 hours of battery life which is great. I'm concerned that the 14" screen might be a bit small though, especially for video editing. I guess the larger the screen the shorter the battery life so there may be a trade off.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah apparently the 14" Lafité Pro gets up to 12 hours of battery life which is great. I'm concerned that the 14" screen might be a bit small though, especially for video editing. I guess the larger the screen the shorter the battery life so there may be a trade off.
It wouldn't be suitable for video editing, you'd need quite a beastly laptop for that.

D

Deleted member 94250

It wouldn't be suitable for video editing, you'd need quite a beastly laptop for that.
on the other end of the spectrum a nova might have the power he would need, but it would last at most 1 hour!