Battery not charging

GauravTheGreat

I just got a new Recoil laptop on Friday and I'm having some battery issues I am hoping to get some advice for. I haven't used the laptop much since I've got it, maybe around 5 hours worth of use, and everything was working fine until this evening when I've got an issue with the battery.

I used my laptop early this evening to game a bit and then went and did something else. I returned a couple of hours later and I noticed that the battery was at 0%. After my first use of the latop, I shut it down and turned the mains off where the PSU is connected and have been very diligent not to leave it on charge when not necessary and not to let the battery die either. However I have been using the laptop for a while and it's still at 0% even though Windows says it is charging. I turned the laptop off for 15 mins so that maybe it'll give it a better chance to charge but no luck, it was still at 0%.

The PSU is clearly working, it's a little warm, it's letting me use the laptop plugged in, and it's been powering the watercooler. It's also connected properly, which is leading me to think it's the battery that is the issue.

Could anybody give me any advice? I've had issues with batteries before, but not after 5 days with minimal use.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Is it not charging though? If you leave it on charge and shutdown for 24 hours, how long will it run on just battery power?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@GauravTheGreat If you get a response, would you be able to feed back to us so that we know for future users? Potential issue given that it's happening to 2 people so would be good to know if there's an easy solution that we can suggest, or even just notify to get directly in touch with PCS going forward :)