Battery on Continuous charge? Bad/Fine?

Alyxm

Hey I bought this around 2 weeks ago, and the battery charges insanely fast, which is great, but it lasts around the same time it charges, and I keep having to get up and pull the plug out of the adapter because I dont want to have to damage that without a seeded power end.. I basically have no idea about modern battery management, I heard that latest battery packs can be left in and forgotten to worry about seeing how they have built in fail safes to stop them from overcharging.. does my laptop have this? Thanks

Vortex Series 4 :)

Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 240GB INTEL® 530 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 490MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
2nd mSATA SSD Drive NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N-7260 (300Mbps, 802.11BGN) + BLUETOOTH

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've had mine plugged in for 2 years and its constantly on the power, i only use the battery to move from one location to another, i've had no degradation of battery life, i've used it at work a few times and get about an hour and a half of non gaming use. I have the Vortex 2 and the GPU doesn't switch off so battery life isn't great.

The laptop will run without the battery in however if you want to run it that way. If only there was a cover avalable it would be better but like i said above i've never had any problem and mine is usually on 24/7 i rarely switch it off.

Hope this helps.

Alyxm

I've had mine plugged in for 2 years and its constantly on the power, i only use the battery to move from one location to another, i've had no degradation of battery life, i've used it at work a few times and get about an hour and a half of non gaming use. I have the Vortex 2 and the GPU doesn't switch off so battery life isn't great.

The laptop will run without the battery in however if you want to run it that way. If only there was a cover avalable it would be better but like i said above i've never had any problem and mine is usually on 24/7 i rarely switch it off.

Hope this helps.

So the battery lasted an hour and a half from day 1? Or a bit longer? Thanks :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
No its been that from day 1, you might get more having newer and better technology as the Vortex 4 c an actually switch of the GPU in some cases and maybe last a little bit longer but it varies, things like Wifi can make a difference, i find if i have a poor Wifi signal the battery goes down quicker for instance.

Alyxm

No its been that from day 1, you might get more having newer and better technology as the Vortex 4 c an actually switch of the GPU in some cases and maybe last a little bit longer but it varies, things like Wifi can make a difference, i find if i have a poor Wifi signal the battery goes down quicker for instance.

Heres hoping, Im just asking everywhere to be really sure, spent a bit on this fella. :p