Battlefield Bad Company 2, Newer Cards, Lag issue?

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Hi there,

I'm not sure if anyone even plays this anymore but I still love the game, re installed it yesterday planning to have a blast.

However I've encountered a bit of a problem, every game or server I'm joining gives me horrific lag and rubber banding, decreasing fps and making the game very unplayable, I've done my research and apparently this tends to effect newer cards in the 900 Nvidia series, I currently have a 770.

The fix I have found is to completely disable anti aliasing in the games folders which has worked, however the game looks pretty awful and in some maps I'm even encountering a purple sky, I'm not sure if anyone else has this game to give it a go and let me know their thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Huskar

I dont play BC2 anymore :/ Use to love it back in time and was a reason for a pc upgrade.
Have you try compatibility with windows 7 and run as admin?

lewishollings

Bright Spark
I dont play BC2 anymore :/ Use to love it back in time and was a reason for a pc upgrade.
Have you try compatibility with windows 7 and run as admin?

Hi Huskar,

Yeah it's a great game I really enjoy it, especially the Vietnam DLC.

Eventually I just had to force Direct X9 from the settings folder. Anti Aliasing still gets disabled but fortunately no more purple sky!