Best cheap headphones for gaming/music? (Approx £30)

After Glow

So I recently bought a Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset. Anyway earlier the phone started to ring so I quickly pulled them off and went to run for it, unfortunately I got my leg caught on the wire and pretty much ripped them from the jack and now the inside wire has broken and doesn't work. FML. I very much doubt I will be able to fix it and it would require a load of different tools and I cant really be bothered.

SO, now that my money just went down the drain, I'm unwilling to spend much more on another one. However, if anyone could suggest some that are around (hopefully) £30 that will do the job I'd much appreciate it. Most of my friends are on xbox so I dont really need a mic (although I would prefer one). Of course if the pair are REALLY good for the price but dont come with a mic then I don't mind.

Thanks!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
have you contacted Creative, see if they can do anything, they may offer a cheap repair as i assume its under warranty

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
oh i assumed it was an expensive pair :/

have a look at turtlebeach, razer and logitech they do good headsets but cant think of any models off the top of my head

javthrower

Bronze Level Poster
I was in your position a while ago when i found these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1333749581&sr=1-2
these are the open-ear version but you can get closed ear if you so prefer. Sound quality is really good for the price (nice base), build quality is top notch, thick wires never tangle, and I've pulled the wire on mine hundreds of times like you described and haven't had a single problem. Basically they really don't feel like a sub £30 headset. Highly recommended!

After Glow

I was in your position a while ago when i found these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1333749581&sr=1-2
these are the open-ear version but you can get closed ear if you so prefer. Sound quality is really good for the price (nice base), build quality is top notch, thick wires never tangle, and I've pulled the wire on mine hundreds of times like you described and haven't had a single problem. Basically they really don't feel like a sub £30 headset. Highly recommended!

Thanks. Those look really good. Any idea if the closed ear version produces a lower sound quality?

javthrower

Bronze Level Poster
i would presume the sound quality is exactly the same, the only difference between closed ear and open is that the closed ear let less air in, so there is less outside noise, but on the downside your ears get hotter quicker. that is why i opted for the open ear, which still have great noise cancellation and keep your ears cool!