Best Gamepad and Price?

SlickShoes

Seeing lots of multi platform titles at E3 already is making me want to hold off on getting a PS4 perhaps, I would need a good wireless gamepad for my PC so I can play some of these games.

What do you guys use? Where is the best place to buy?

I have a wired 360 one just now but having the wire trail across my living room is not ideal and it's already been yanked out of the port 3 times by the dog!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yea like Keynes said you would see massive improvements from a wireless xbox pad to help with your messy problem. The brilliant thing about wireless controllers is they have no wires at all!

In all seriousness, yea you'd be best sticking with your 360 pad or going wireless x) you will need to buy a microsoft receiver to connect it which are about £20 on amazon. I found a cheap one on ebay from a top rated seller for £7 and even though I was worried it would be a china brand, it genuinely has Xbox 360 written on it. How true or not that is I don't know but it does the trick! Installing the drivers was a bit tricky as I was expecting Plug n play but there's a useful review on Amazon that tells you how to do it or give me a shout if you get stuck :)

Edit: Or even better they might sell a pad with a receiver if you're lucky! I hadn't thought of that as I already had the wireless pads from my xbox so just needed the receiver.

SlickShoes

Yea like Keynes said you would see massive improvements from a wireless xbox pad to help with your messy problem. The brilliant thing about wireless controllers is they have no wires at all!

In all seriousness, yea you'd be best sticking with your 360 pad or going wireless x) you will need to buy a microsoft receiver to connect it which are about £20 on amazon. I found a cheap one on ebay from a top rated seller for £7 and even though I was worried it would be a china brand, it genuinely has Xbox 360 written on it. How true or not that is I don't know but it does the trick! Installing the drivers was a bit tricky as I was expecting Plug n play but there's a useful review on Amazon that tells you how to do it or give me a shout if you get stuck :)

Edit: Or even better they might sell a pad with a receiver if you're lucky! I hadn't thought of that as I already had the wireless pads from my xbox so just needed the receiver.

Cheers, I have mostly been confused by what's available on Ebay, I have seen wireless pads for sale that say they work with PC but they are just the Xbox pad with no receiver.

I saw the Razer pads but they seem massively over priced. So I am looking for a regular wireless Xbox pad and then a wireless receiver for PC?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-X...961596&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+360+pc+controller

Apparently with ^ you get the receiver included in it (according to the reviews anyway). So you'd just need to plug the receiver in and then link the pad up. If you already own a wireless pad then you just need to buy the receiver on its own :)

P.s. I would shy away from anything that's a pure PC controller. I know a lot of console ports work instantly with the xbox pad whereas other controllers require you to remap the layout for individual games, etc. Perhaps the Razer one is smart but not worth it in my opinion!

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I got a brand new official Microsoft one from a seller on eBay for about £14 (controller and receiver), the packaging was terrible and I'm surprised it actually made it one piece, but it was a bargain all the same. Always worth checking out eBay for stuff like this, there's always a bargain to be found.

steaky360

I'd disagree that the wired one is "better"... I'm sure its simpler (ie you don't need an adapter) but I've had zero issues with my wireless pad and wouldn't say it was worse than the wired one.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'd disagree that the wired one is "better"... I'm sure its simpler (ie you don't need an adapter) but I've had zero issues with my wireless pad and wouldn't say it was worse than the wired one.

+1
Same here, wireless without any issues :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Receiver can die as my after month.Everything what is wired is much better.

Wire could die after a month as well ;)

But still guys, this isn't a Wireless vs Wired debate. He has wired, he knows that wired is good, but his dog keeps pulling it out. So answer the damn question! I don't think the best wireless pad out there is a wired controller.

SlickShoes

Cheers guys! I get free batteries at work so replacing them isn't too much of a hassle!

The PC is next to the TV so the wire goes right across the middle of the floor and doesnt sit totally flat, it's almost a stretch so that's why I fancy the wireless pad, I prefer Keyboard and Mouse for sure but some indie games are just a chore with kb+m!