Best Graphics card or graphic card combination ?

nicknack

Bronze Level Poster
hey guys

just a few questions about GPU's.Whats the best card to get when it comes to money to power ratio . i was thinking of getting the gtx580 , but is the gtx590 worth getting or is there any better ATI cards?

thanks
nicknack

stegor

Bright Spark
Not sure either is worth the cash. You'd be better getting 2 lower cards in SLI or Crossfire. e.g. 2 x gtx460 or 2 x HD6870.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i dont recommend 2 lower cards, higher power consumption, less memory, probably a similar price and will probably have a slightly worse performance

i personally dont like the idea of the 590 being a dual core so the best id have to say is the 580

stegor

Bright Spark
i dont recommend 2 lower cards, higher power consumption, less memory, probably a similar price and will probably have a slightly worse performance

i personally dont like the idea of the 590 being a dual core so the best id have to say is the 580

Not a lot in it (power,price,performance) but I agree about the 590. One plus for single is you can always dual up later.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
prob going to get the 1.5 gtx580 and then save for another as soon as i can =]

You be thinking about going for 3 screens at some point? if so id suggest 3GB version, however if your happy with single / dual screens then 1.5 will eb fine.

nicknack

Bronze Level Poster
nope ill be sticking to my dell 22inch for ever , duel or triple screens just bothers me and puts me off , also i rather spend my money on a holiday rather then 2 more screens :turned:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
nope ill be sticking to my dell 22inch for ever , duel or triple screens just bothers me and puts me off , also i rather spend my money on a holiday rather then 2 more screens :turned:

Lol fair enuff, tbh my 3 screens is just for increased workflow, I cant use a single screen for programming and game design, not enough desktop tbh, and I hate using desktop switching in linux and osx, although I still use that aswell, having 9 * 3 screen desktop is very useful.

But yeah, if your just stickin to 1 screen 1.5GB 580 is gonna be great :)