Best Laptop Cooling pad around?

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
What is going on forums, i hope you're all doing well.

Sooo, you've read the title:
I need a laptop cooling pad/stand/whatever it's called.
Price doesn't matter.

I'm gonna get an Octane II Pro soon and right now i'm searching for periphals.

I already decided which mouse(pad), keyboard and headset i'm gonna use, but i'm still searching for a laptop cooler since i might want to overclock my cpu a bit and this laptop also needs to last me a while.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what to get?
Or experience? Maybe even temperature numbers?
I'm looking at the Notepal x3 (<- that looks like a cat emoji) right now but any other recommendations are highly appreciated!

Also:
Most cooling pads i saw are powered via a laptop usb port, wouldn't the power needed to supply the cooling pad also generate unnecessary heat? Is there an alternative to this?

Thanks in advance!

Greenman

Enthusiast
I also use a Zalman. Had it for years now, solid item.

Cleaning is easy as well, just a few screws. It made a few degrees difference in my old laptop, not tested with my new Defiance yet.

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
Sounds promising.
Would it be possible for you to supply us with some temperature differences later, when you've tested it?
I'm sure i'm not the only one who would appreciate that!

DannyWanny

PCS Marketing
Staff member
Hi gunsch, personally I recommend the CoolerMaster Ergostand III, we used these during our Multiplay Insomnia events and essentially had the laptops running for 8 hours straight for 3 days gaming and keeping them cool.

You can see them in action here:
20956457748_869cb31ac6_z.jpg

Flo

Silver Level Poster
I'm using Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches with my 17" Defiance 2. Nothing flashy but does the job and is really comfortable when using the laptop on your lap. A friend of mine has this Targus AWE8001EU Lap Chill Pro USB Powered Cooling Mat for Upto 17 inch Laptops which looks better. They both lower the temps about 3-4 degrees and are not too noisy.

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the replies!

The Coolermaster Ergostand actually looks pretty capable.
I'm reading through some reviews and stuff right now, most of them are positive but some state that although it's almost silent, the cooling power is too low...
And damn it is hard to find cfm numbers on that