Best laptop for gaming?

Tpryce

Hi all.
Looking for a gaming laptop as my current house hasn’t got the space for a desktop.
Backlit keyboard and biggest screen is the one thing I would like.
Budget is anywhere up to £1100.

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great

thanks

maha

Silver Level Poster
Defiance VII or Vyper, both available in 17" and 15.6"
wow, budget, so Optimus in 17" or Optimus Pro in 17" and 15,6"
at least graphics card must be RTX 2060, avoid MaxQ cards as they are not so powerful because optimised for electrical consumption

cjohob

I think you'll struggle to get something balanced on that budget. I just ordered a 17.3" Optimus Pro with Ryzen 4800h, RTX2060 and 16GB (2x8) of 2666 Ram, and that came in at £1,124 with only a 256 SSD (I have a spare SSD and HDD I can reuse) and without any OS (I am planning to install myself with a free Windows 10 Educational license I get as a student through my uni). Unless you can save costs in that way or are willing to compromise on screen size and/or quality or a sub-standard GPU then you'll need a bigger budget, I think. If you are willing to sacrifice those things then fine. I'm sure others will have more advice to give!

cjohob

Just following up to say, before I settled on the Optimus Pro 17" I was thinking of going down the Optimus 15" (non Pro) route. That is available with a GTX 1660 TI, which by most accounts is a good card, at least for 1080p or lower. It won't support Ray Tracing or DLSS, so things might be a little less pretty and altogether it would be less future proof. But it still has 6GB of VRAM. Also the 15.6" Optimus and Optimus Pro screens are only 45% NTSC (that's what ultimately put me off). But if you can't stretch your budget then something based on the 15.6" Optimus might offer a fair compromise.