Best pc games

Noooob

Bronze Level Poster
Hi All

I am new to the forums and have just ordered my first gaming pc :clap: now i was wondering what are the best games do you think for the pc and why??? , i am into RPGMMO's and FPS , which brings me to RIFT ( which i cant wait to play has anyone here played it ??? ) and BFBC3 when it arrives loved BFBC2 on PS3 which i am now bored with consoles reason for getting the pc ...cheers in advance for the repies ....:)

JSG10

Expert
Yep I play RIFT, I really enjoy it :) When you get it all set up, join the server: Icewatch and join the Guardians. Add Cadsuane and Balthamel to you friends list, I'll help you out and give you any advice you might want :)

There are so many amazing games, we've had quite a few of these threads before.

If you're into FPS the obvious choices are BFBC2, but you've already played that, MoH is quite good on PC and of course CoD (meh..)
You've got the new StarWars: The Old Republic coming soon which is definitely an MMO to look out for :) and Diablo 3 as well. :)

Noooob

Bronze Level Poster
Hi JSG10

Cheers for the reply and yes when i am set up i will defo join you on RIFT mate that would be sweet as i dont know anyone else with a PC as they are all on consoles, i might still look at BFBC2 but i dont know if its worth it as BFBC3 is coming out so soon anyway also i will have a look in to the star wars game and yes DIABLO 3 does look pretty good , it would be good to meet some new gamers and join there groups / guilds for a good gaming night :):):)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
First off (and ignore the detractors) DL Steam when your PC arrives. From there, you can browse games and see reviews of said games to help you make your mind up (Top Sellers can give you an idea of what popular atm).

You can also join the PCS group and see what others are playing, and take inspiration and then play with them :D

Noooob

Bronze Level Poster
Hi D.E.D

Cheers for the info i will do that as soon as it arrives i reckon it will be another 2.5 weeks AAaarggghhh
I would pull my hair out if i didnt cut it so short LoL once again cheers for the info

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Im also on Rift, I joined the server Argent with another guy on here called Keenhail but he's Guardian and I really wanted to be Defiant so since my main is Defiant I don't play with him at the moment, there is another guy on here though who switched to our server who is Guardian as well. Like DED said, get Steam, some people don't like it, most do, It's just people who aren't ready to move to the digital era that don't really like it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
definetely recommend Plants Vs Zombies :) love it, and very cheap, I love PopCap

Here are some free games if you want to download them
NFS World
Battlefield Play4Free
CrossFire

and there are others but i cant think of them

Noooob

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all

Cheers for the replies it all helps and I am dying to get my hands on me pc don't like this waiting game but it will be worth it ..... I am defo going to get rift and steam as soon as it arrives I will DL them straight away and join you all :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
Just on the rpg's you could get Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and there are plenty of mods out there for them that really add to the game.

Noooob

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Fear

I couldn't get into the fallout series on consoles is there much difference in platforms ??? ( ps3 / pc )

Fear

Prolific Poster
I have only played the PC version but apart from the obvious better graphics i don't think you will find much difference apart from the mouse/keyboard set up for those FPS fights ;)

I think you also said you like FPS games if so you could try the F.E.A.R series, i still think i prefer the first game but the graphics are a bit dated.

JSG10

Expert
Hi Fear

I couldn't get into the fallout series on consoles is there much difference in platforms ??? ( ps3 / pc )

Not really no but they do look better and as Fear says, there are mods you can use which add to the game. Thats one of the best things about PC gaming, mod communities! :)

Try Oblivion for a great RPG, got Skyrim coming up later this year which is the next one. Looks epic.

Noooob

Bronze Level Poster
I will look into the fear series and yes skyrim is defo on my list to get the E3 vids looked really good this waiting game is getting worse the more I chat and post on here the more I want it to come. over the past month I've had a right game with a certain company ( ukgc ) and ordering a pc and now I finally found pcs they are top notch with help and these forums :)