best pc gaming controller.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
afternoon all,

anyone have any suggestions for a decent gaming controller, im tempted to go for the black 360 pc controller for 18quid on amazon, mainly want it for AC revelations,

thanks tom

Corfate

Author Level
I have the white 360 controller for windows off Amazon. They seem to be the best for driving etc, other than getting a wheel that costs a bomb ;)

MadMan

Super Star
does it work well with win 7?

Im thinking this one

Its funny as I was looking at this last night and I'm looking to buy this controller for racing games and of course revelations, hitman absolution and max payne 3 because I find it difficult with a keyboard. I'd buy it as there isn't much alternatives out there and its a good controller anyway.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
tbh id go with an xbox controller, i think they are perfect controllers and fit in the hand perfectly, if you already have an xbox, you can just buy an adapter for the controller to work on PC

Tom DWC

360 controller is great, works out of the box for so many games now. C'mon let's face it, there are plenty of games where M+K just doesn't feel natural*.

As above get the wireless 360 elite one with the wireless adapter. :)

*No hate please. :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks for the opinions gents, plus rep to all.

I already have two wireless 360 controls, what are these adapters you speak of?

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
lol xbox 360 controller all the way, i recent got my gaming pc think 2-3 weeks ago now and i use my xbox controller for every single game but multiplayer ones, games like skyrim and assassins creed.

if you already have a wireless xbox 360 pad, like i did for my xbox i just bought this from amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img
just put the cd in what comes with it install it and plug it in and game to your hearts content with a pad

p.s also if you have a wireless xbox 360 headset that works with it aswell :)

MadMan

Super Star
id just buy a wired controller instead, much lighter without battery pack and more responsive.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks gents, I may as well buy a new controller for the same price. clicky

its wired too, prefer wired to wireless, i don't like buying batteries.

thanks though rudolph, you can have some rep too. ooooohhhhh

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
ty for rep and i dont need batteries been xbox gamer for years untill well new gaming pc dun dun der. so i got plug n play kits, so if i want i can connect a charger from my pc to the wireless controller to it to charge. but yeah if you dont have the gear already (like i did) then probably best buying a wired one:p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks dude, thought about those too, but cant really afford one, they seem to have the exact same design as the normal 360 ones.

lol just tried to play AC revelations, its so weird on pc, the graphics look amazing, but cant control it using a keyboard and mouse, it just don't feel right. To run have to press Wand hold the right mouse button, then to sprint or climb then hold space bar too. lol

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
I already got a xbox with two wireless controls, and kinect which I have used about 5 times.

same i have kinect aswell but dunno, i find it boring if you play by yourself but then it becomes really enjoyable when you play with friends and family at home.