best RTS games?

ace1

Silver Level Poster
Been looking around for some good RTS games now that this new pc don't lag on them, what do you all think are the best RTS games out right now?.

Gishank

Bright Spark
Honestly RTS covers a broad spectrum. But if you're looking for recently released RTS' then Wargame: European Escalation is a good one to look in to :)

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
If you have never played Warcraft III then buy it. Now.

It may be an older game but trust me this game is one of the best - if not the best - rts i have ever played! Kudos Blizzard!

ace1

Silver Level Poster
Shogun 2 total war, or the new one shogun 2 fall of the samurai,

Played the demo of that and did not like it to much, but did love playing total war rome.

Kalisnoir, got supcom 2 but i find supcom1 with the exp a better game.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Cncyr-cover.jpg

mishra

Rising Star
Yeah Starcraft all the way :) I am not much familiar with RTS games, but Starcraft simply rocks... whatever some folks say it is the king of RTS, always been ^^

If you like old school thought Dune 2 and Warcraft 2/3 is very good too... but that is now total retro.

After Glow

Starcraft 2 is okay but it's too rushed for my liking. I prefer longer, slower paced games than having to rush your enemy at the earliest possible point, which is pretty much the only tactic used on SC2. The Red Alert series is one of my favourites, however Age of Mythology could possibly be the best. Of course, it's subjective.

lolliver

Haha me too! I saw how cheap it was on Steam and had to have it.
I'm up to the first African mission now, it's surprising how difficult that game was!

seatay

id say my favourate RTS games are the C&C series (not 4 though), and the age series e.g. age of empires, mythology, civilisations series is also good, Empire at war, Sins of a solar empire isn't too bad if u into space RTS

Vardoc

dawn of war games are always fun RTS games and the C&C series you cannot go wrong with bar 4 and generals imo