Best ssd to get?

ajorus

Hi all,

Configuring the new Vyper 17 inch model, just a bit stuck on which ssd to get. I want storage between 1-2tb, but trying to keep costs down as much as possible. At the same time I've read there are problems with the longevity of the intel 660p and every ssd on there seems to have issues with getting too hot, which I don't really want as it's a problem I already have with my current laptop.

Which ssd is the most cost effective, and which will run the coolest?

Cheers

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Must admit, I've not heard of any problems.

For cost effectiveness the SX6000 would be my choice :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just mean that the 660p has relatively low endurance compared to some of the other ssds listed
What do you mean endurance... IOPS? IOPS is In and Out Processes and the 660p has 220000 read/ 200000 write which is very good.

But the Intel is definitely a more budget option, if it were me, I'd go with the Samsung every time on an Intel laptop and a firecuda on an AMD laptop

But yes, for budget, I'd also go with the SX6000

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
100TBW for the 512GB option is a bit less than others but still way more than most would require. For the OS and software where writes are going to be fairly minimal there's not really any issue.

300TBW out of the Evo... which is clearly what you are paying for along with the performance bump.

You get 300TBW out of the SX6000 though, hence why it's always a firm favourite with me. I'm not entirely sure what the PCS option is as they seem to have sold out of the SX6000 for now.