BF3 no sound issue!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
evening all,

I have been looking for a solution to this problem since release.

When I turn on dolby digital I get no sound at all, in online for campaign.

I'm using sound card in sig and tritton ax pros, so no surround sound, i have everything set up as it should, but it just wont put out 5.1!

headset works fine with other movies/games/music so not a hardware fault.

anyone using a 5.1 headset with a optical connection?

thanks tom

edit i have actually looked everywhere, but cannot find anything!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Im usign my X41s and pretty sure its outputting in surround. Deffinately sounds like it. When I get home after work ill make sure its deffinately outputting surround though and let u know.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Im usign my X41s and pretty sure its outputting in surround. Deffinately sounds like it. When I get home after work ill make sure its deffinately outputting surround though and let u know.

thanks frenchy, at first i did think the trittons were outputting 5.1, but that was because they are pretty loud, when turned down can tell only one speaker in each cup are working.

I'm starting to think bf3 simulates 5.1 and doesn't actually output 5.1 dolby. If I am correct it would work fine with turtlebeach headsets as I read they only simulate 5.1, whereas the trittons give you actual 5.1. ]

I have asked all over the bf 3 forums and got nothing, theres a few other people with a similar problem but no solution that seems to work.

tom

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
pretty sure the X41's dont simulate. I may be wrong but I think they output true like the tritons, they have multiple speakers in each cup.

But anyway, i would doubt very much that BF only simulates 5.1, ill test with my Z5500's later too.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
pretty sure the X41's dont simulate. I may be wrong but I think they output true like the tritons, they have multiple speakers in each cup.

But anyway, i would doubt very much that BF only simulates 5.1, ill test with my Z5500's later too.

if they have mulitiple speakers then will do the whole 5.1 shebang.......

thanks dude

M3aaaq

Enthusiast
i think the x41's simulate 7.1? i had them but sold them a month after.. didn't like the "plastic" feel

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
ahh crap, I kew id forgotten to do sumit :(. Sorry dude, send me a message on origin later or on battlelog just to remind me.