BF3 Premium Edition

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Thought that a few people might be interested by these news, especially new customers looking to play BF3 on their new rig. Looks like there's a Premium edition of BF3 coming out, which should include the game and a Premium pass. It's currently advertised at 69.99 CDN on Amazon CA.

Since BF3 retails at 40CDN and the premium pass at 50CDN, we may be looking at a 10 pounds discount when it's released in the UK. If you're considering getting Premium anyways, might be worth the wait.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/battlefield-3-premium-edition-listed-by-retailer/

Dayve

No thanks. BF has gone the same way as CoD. It's a console game now with a PC port. It's no longer about strategy or teamwork but pretty graphics and total nonstop arcade-style shooting. So many suckers fell for this premium crap that EA won't be able to resist squirting out a new BF game every 8-14 months pretty soon, each coming with day 1 DLC and endless DLC's adding crappy maps and other niknaks that should really have shipped with the game.

Agito

Silver Level Poster
I'll agree with that. EA is a marketing wench and will stamp out games as long as they have a good hype just to milk every bit of money regardless of the content. I have BF3 and I enjoyed it for about 2 weeks. Later I started noticing that the game is totally easy if you just pick up a machinegun with a bipod, sit in one spot and shoot in a straight line. People are dumb enough to just run into your line of fire, there is no reason to move around. Or rather than people being dumb and moving into it, the game mechanics doesn't leave you with any other option but to run into it or do nothing.

liamnic2

Super Star
No thanks. Stopped playing COD because of ELITE and its going to be the same with BF with this premium rubbish.

sted

Rising Star
I haven't played any BF games as of yet, but plan to get 3, what difference does the prem edition have? If it is no big/major difference I'll just go for bf3.

Dayve

I haven't played any BF games as of yet, but plan to get 3, what difference does the prem edition have? If it is no big/major difference I'll just go for bf3.

Premium gives you access to both DLC's released so far (Back to Karkand and Close Quarters) and all future DLC's, possibly with early acces like they gave with Close Quarters. It lets you jump the queue when you try to join a full server and gives you access to a handful of overpowered weapons that give you a slight advantage over non-premium users.

That's why I stopped playing. It's not that I can't afford premium - I could buy it right now. I just refuse to bend over for EA and other big developers who pretty much FORCE you to buy this premium service or be punished by not having access to the best weapons. It's BS.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Meh, I haven't seen anything to suggest the unlocked weapons in Premium make you some super soldier. I am pretty sure I have a whale of a time and use the stuff I used before Premium came out.

The main thing I see with Premium is not paying for the DLCs (i.e. part of it), skipping to the front of the queue, and various XP boost events (that everyone gets too, just for more days).

Nothing game breaking, and I not here as an EA fanboy (I am actually almost sure they don't exist anywhere anyway), but considering what they could have done and made it properly Pay-to-Win, I see no problem with it.

Dayve

Meh, I haven't seen anything to suggest the unlocked weapons in Premium make you some super soldier. I am pretty sure I have a whale of a time and use the stuff I used before Premium came out.

The main thing I see with Premium is not paying for the DLCs (i.e. part of it), skipping to the front of the queue, and various XP boost events (that everyone gets too, just for more days).

Nothing game breaking, and I not here as an EA fanboy (I am actually almost sure they don't exist anywhere anyway), but considering what they could have done and made it properly Pay-to-Win, I see no problem with it.

I can't remember the name of the gun because it's been a couple of months since I played it but during the 2-week early access to Close Quarters DLC that only premium users got there was an assault rifle that only they could unlock because it was only present in the CQ DLC.

Aug A3, I think that's the name of the gun, just remembered it as I was typing.

For 2 weeks premium users had access to that gun and it was one of the most ludicrously overpowered guns I've ever seen in a MP FPS. No recoil, insane rate of fire and fantastic accuracy. They've probably nerfed it now, but for 2 weeks it was very difficult to play BF3 as a non-premium user. I still played and I still got more kills than deaths each round just like I always do, and even if I'd had access to that gun I wouldn't have used it because to me stuff like that feels dishonest, like cheating, but the point is premium users had a MASSIVE advantage over non-premium users for 2 whole weeks, and during those 2 weeks there was also a double EXP event for everybody, but extended for premium users. 2 massive advantages.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
What are the close quarters maps like? If anyone has them? I have the back to Karkland, as I just couldnt resist some old school Wake Island. Its erm...very different. I still like Bf3; just dont get to play it as much as I would like. Not sure if I would like Close quarters as Metro turns into a bit of a camp fest at some points; despite it being a great map for the most part.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Fun fact: I just checked the prices for BF3 on Amazon; if you want to buy the game alone it'll cost you £25 while the Premium Edition is only £10 more expensive at £35.20.

The fun part is that the Premium code on its own will set you back £33.49 and the Limited Edition, which only contains B2K, starts at £44.

Dunno where's the logic in all that but if you are gonna buy BF3 and are even remotely interested by the DLC, do yourself a favor and buy the Premium Edition :)

kruppsy

Master
For anyone that's interested, here's the list of weapons/extras you get by purchasing Premium. As mentioned before, you get access to all current DLC as well as future DLC releases.

Head Start Kit includes:-

ACB-90 Knife

Assault kit:

M416
Defib
M320

Engineer:

SA-18 Igla
FIM-92 Stinger
M15 AT mine

Support:

M249
Claymore
C4

Recon:

Soflam
SV-98
T-UGS

Scout heli:

Heat seekers

Attack heli:

Heat seekers

Jets:

Heat seekers

Rack

Enthusiast
Fun fact: I just checked the prices for BF3 on Amazon; if you want to buy the game alone it'll cost you £25 while the Premium Edition is only £10 more expensive at £35.20.

The fun part is that the Premium code on its own will set you back £33.49 and the Limited Edition, which only contains B2K, starts at £44.

Dunno where's the logic in all that but if you are gonna buy BF3 and are even remotely interested by the DLC, do yourself a favor and buy the Premium Edition :)

During the halloween sale, battlefield premium edition is £22.50 from origin. (http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/html/pbPage.halloween_product_page_en_GB)