BIOS on a new laptop?

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
So, I've bought my new Vortex IV and it's in the process of being built. I went with the no OS option, as I could get a copy off Amazon a bit cheaper. I decided to have a look to see what drivers I'd be installing after I installed the OS, and at the bottom of the PCS drivers download section it has the BIOS file. I thought the BIOS would already be on the laptop when it arrived, but now I'm not so sure. Will it or won't it be on my laptop already?

steaky360

So, I've bought my new Vortex IV and it's in the process of being built. I went with the no OS option, as I could get a copy off Amazon a bit cheaper. I decided to have a look to see what drivers I'd be installing after I installed the OS, and at the bottom of the PCS drivers download section it has the BIOS file. I thought the BIOS would already be on the laptop when it arrived, but now I'm not so sure. Will it or won't it be on my laptop already?

If I'm remembering correctly PCS will have to install windows to run some basic tests on the laptop before its shipped they simply wont supply you with a key. The BIOS will be installed before you get it - other drivers might not be however.

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
I'm fine with installing the drivers, as I didn't expect them to be on the laptop anyway. It was the BIOS I wasn't so sure about. Thanks for the response, and thanks for answering my question. I'll add you a rep point thingy.

mrducking

Bright Spark
the BIOS is always installed, they only add it to the list of hardware in case there is a need to reinstall it or update it, and unless you fill one of those requirements it's better to not touch it :)