bios update

hi ,my laptop is running fine but i noticed a bios update and wondered if it worth installing said bios ?? or should i leave well alone ????

steaky360

As Keynes said, Leave well alone :) - If it isn't broke don't try to fix it.

Essentially bios updates are only required if there is an issue (ie you're experiencing one of the problems the bios update fixes). At least that's my opinion.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I also agree completely with keynes ans steaky360, don't update it unless you have to.

If you think about it, the most reliable software of any type (including the BIOS) is that which has been executed for the longest time without problems. Millions of executions have shown that there are no issues with it. New software on the other hand is much more likely to have issues just because it's new and programmers make mistakes. You are thus much safer running old software than you are installing new, the only reason for installing new software (or updating to new software) is because you have a problem with the old software or because you need the new features provided by the new software.

Therefore, never update any software (including BIOS and drivers) unless you are having problems, or the vendor recommends the update to avoid known problems, or unless you need the new functionality. Software doesn't wear out, no matter how many times you execute it....

:)

Last edited: