Bit of help with RAM and multi core CPUs...

Josh

Bronze Level Poster
I am currently stuck on whether to get a 16GB HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHZ or a 8GB HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 2133MHZ. I am not exactly sure what the difference between the MHZ means, all i would want to know is which would be the quickest and most powerful for playing games?

Also i am torn between going with a OVERCLOCKED AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T (3.20GHz @ MAX 3.80GHz) or a Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz) the Intel is much quicker but i have no idea what the different amount of cores do, I read that it was something to do with cache... If anyone would like to see the specs for more reference just let me know.

Anyway any help would be much appreciated :)

Josh

LFFPicard

Godlike
Intel will out perform the AMD on almost everything but they are a bit more expensive, they will also last much longer before it is time to upgrade again, If you can afford it get the intel.

As with the ram, 2133 ram is a bit overkill at the moment and you may still get bottle necks on the rest of the system so if your going for a overclock rig I would stick with the 1600 ram.