Bitfenix case USB ports?

SlickShoes

Hi,

I have one question about this case, as I am using wireless peripherals (KB+mouse), the usb ports usually on the front are on the side of this. I sit about 1.7m away from the computer so will USB and Bluetooth dongles sitting in these ports pointing away from me affect performance in any way? I intend to have the unit sitting just to the side of my TV.

steaky360

I think that would be more to do with the individual bluetooth dongle's etc. A wired usb device would not be affected by the USB's location (assuming the wire is long enough!) but for wireless devices its the device itself that would need to be checked. Sorry this isn't really helpful, but if you check the devices you are talking about individually for range / whether they need line of sight (I dont think wireless/bluetooth does need line of sight) you should be able to find out :)

SlickShoes

Cheers yeah, my bluetooth keyboard works just now with my macbook pro no matter where I put that in the room, so I guess that's not an issue and my current USB dongle for my mouse points away too.

I guess I am only asking because I built a PC about 5 years ago now and the wireless keyboards signal would constantly get blocked when my dog sat in front of the receiver hahaha, but that was a really cheap keyboard.

really just looking for that final reassurance before i jump in and buy this thing now!