Black screen on boot up.

Hi
No doubt this has cropped up before.
I have a 2014 Cosmos Series Windows 10 laptop which on boot up gives a message on a Black screen: "Reboot and select proper Boot devise or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press key"
I haven`t got a Boot Media and rebooting just brings up the same instructions.
Microsoft Help suggest varioud combinations of key pressing (ie, CTRL+WIN+P) It also advises to go to Safe mode which isn`t helpful as I can`t get past the Black screen.
Any non too technical ideas would be appreciated,please.
Thanks.
PS, Oddly,my partner had the same problem (Black screen) today on her Dell laptop but we managed to get to troubleshooting and on to Safe Mode and got back her Win 10.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi
No doubt this has cropped up before.
I have a 2014 Cosmos Series Windows 10 laptop which on boot up gives a message on a Black screen: "Reboot and select proper Boot devise or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press key"
I haven`t got a Boot Media and rebooting just brings up the same instructions.
Microsoft Help suggest varioud combinations of key pressing (ie, CTRL+WIN+P) It also advises to go to Safe mode which isn`t helpful as I can`t get past the Black screen.
Any non too technical ideas would be appreciated,please.
Thanks.
PS, Oddly,my partner had the same problem (Black screen) today on her Dell laptop but we managed to get to troubleshooting and on to Safe Mode and got back her Win 10.
Hiya, could you post the full specs from the order page?

Hi,
Up graded from win.7 to Win.10 64 bit.

Cosmos Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-4200M (2.50GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM)8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics CardNONE
1st M.2 SSD DriveNONE
1st Storage Drive1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
2nd Storage DriveNONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
External Hard DriveNONE
Memory Card ReaderInternal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Du

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for that.

So usually this errror would be related to the boot drive no longer being read by the system, normally this would be due to drive failure.

That's a nromal HDD, which is very surprising to see in modern day, would be worth replacing it with a SATA SSD, but that's if it's not being all out replaced as most modern laptops don't take SATA drives anymore.

Thanks for your help. I have bought a new model (last year) but would like to keep this 2014 as a back up. There are also files to access too, but I don`t want to spend too much on it.
Thanks again, Frank