Blank Screen But Laptop's Working Background

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Guys,
I had been cleaning my laptop as usual as I do like every year once in a while but this time I got blank screen. Laptop works fine, Windows starts, I hear the opening sound and also Face ID works fine, basically laptop works fine apart from the blank screen. What did I do wrong? Did I by accident plug off some socket for the screen through the motherboard? Because I didn’t as far as I know, but I only used air blower, as gently as I can, through the motherboard, maybe that’s what caused it. I need your help, thanks.
I leave the picture of the motherboard of my laptop, it’s Ionico 17, Tongfang GM7MG7P.

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg
    960.8 KB · Views: 66

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There are two possibilities I think:
  1. You have dislodged or damaged the ribbon cable from the motherboard to the screen
  2. The screen backlight has failed
Shine a torch onto the screen and see whether you can detect a feint display. If so, then the backlight has failed and you'll need to contact PCS.

If the display is still completely black with a torch then you've most likely dislodged or damaged the ribbon cable to the screen. Others will have better advice on what to do about that.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
There are two possibilities I think:
  1. You have dislodged or damaged the ribbon cable from the motherboard to the screen
  2. The screen backlight has failed
Shine a torch onto the screen and see whether you can detect a feint display. If so, then the backlight has failed and you'll need to contact PCS.

If the display is still completely black with a torch then you've most likely dislodged or damaged the ribbon cable to the screen. Others will have better advice on what to do about that.
Hi Doctor, thanks for the reply. I tested on the screen and there are no lights on the screen, not even a slight bit of light, it’s completely black. I probably dislodged or damages the cable but I cannot find where it is located on the board so I cannot fix it. I better look good or better see a technician. Would be great if you describe to me where the display cable is located on the board. Much appreciated.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
So, I tried to connect with HDMI to another screen but there was no signal. And I thought it I could use Steam Link through the WiFi (remote connection) and it worked! But guess what, my RTX 3070 not listed on my computer anymore! It’s gone. There is only Intel’s graphic unit works alone. Nvidia Control Desk, Device Manager and Control Center all says there is no any Nvidia graphic card available on the laptop. So it means that did I damage my graphic card terminally? Display cable may be dislodged but it does mean that my graphic card has gone now? I feel down.

Attachments

• IMG_2163.png
    IMG_2163.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2162.png
    IMG_2162.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2161.png
    IMG_2161.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2160.png
    IMG_2160.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 65

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I think you'd best call PCS.
Last thing, is there any way to go back to factory settings for BIOS without booting? I’ve changed MsHybrid to dGPU only through the BIOS a year ago so that’s why the screen forced to open with RTX rather than Intel’s graphic unit. I took out the CMOS battery but didn’t help at all. Thanks.

Edit: Referring to the user manual, I used the arrows from the keyboard and somehow managed to reset the BIOS even though the screen was black.

Edit 21/07/2023: PCS has inspected my laptop and the GPU has a fault. There's no point to fix the damaged GPU/Motherboard for a-new-laptop-worth-money at this point so I demanded to have it back. Case closed.

Last edited: