blu rays players?

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
So has anyone seen the BBC earth documentary planet earth?

it's remarkable, shot in full hd at 60hz.

Now I bought another one, human planet, within the first minute I knew it was filmed differently, bloody 50hz.

it's a blurfest, you have to sit even further back to get the good quality, it is NOTHING on planet earth or even life.

So which blu ray players can convert to 60hz without any problems? any comparison video anywhere.

There's no way, in 2012, on blu ray that I am watching 50 frikkin hz.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
The Hz is the amount your screen refreshes per second (50 per second or 60 per second) most television programs are shot at around 24fps (frames per second.) So technically what you are asking is impossible, it's down to what they filmed it at, if that makes sense?

EDIT* I might add that the Hz of your screen can make a difference to your viewing, however like I said the Hz of the TV and the video FPS is different, technically your Blu Ray player would be what would change the Hz of your TV (Although never go higher then then the TV has been defined as it can cause damage)

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
whats being said is correct pretty much everything is shot at 24frames hz just means the max frames it can show if you have fraps or download the trial version and run it while playing your 60hz blueray you will see its actuall Frame per second.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I mean on my PS3.

on my TV I press info and it says 50hz or 60hz.

There is a noticeable blur between the 2.

plus the thread said bluray players guys :p nothing to do with PCs xD

I have heard some bluray players change 50hz into 60hz, so I was wondering which ones did that.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
The only thing about PC's that were mentioned was about FRAPS and Bowen only meant it to show you that Hz is the same as FPS as an example.

As I said, it's down to the player commanding the TV what Hz to run at, and as stated, it's impossible to convert the actual 'movie' to 60hz as it's filmed at so many FPS (usually 24) and to increase the FPS would just be like fast forwarding through it.

The only thing you can do is check your player settings to change it to 60Hz. The Hz shouldn't effect blurring either as far as I'm aware because it's just the refresh rate of the TV and the only difference should be flickering etc with a film. (Correct me if im wrong)