Blue error screen when plugging in iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I try to plug in my iphone 4 to my optimus II (windows 7), I get a blue error screen and the system shuts down. It never used to do this and I don't know what the problem is. I have tried looking on the apple forums but I get a bit lost... so if anyone has a solution, I'd be extremely grateful as this problem has been going on for a couple of months now!

There's a new iOS update which I need to install on my phone, so I don't know if this is causing the problem. Unfortunately, despite taking all my music and unused apps off my iphone, I still don't have enough memory space to download the update. Most of what is taking up the memory space is my photos, which is why I was trying to connect it to my laptop in the first place, so that I could save them there and not lose them, so you see my problem. But like I said, I'm not entirely sure if the fact that I'm using the old iOS is the reason I can't connect it to my computer without getting the blue screen.

My itunes is completely up to date btw.

Any ideas?

PokerFace

Banned
Can you try connecting your phone to a different computer. If it works, save your photos etc., then do the OS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.