blue line on desktop update

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi guys , i been away a couple of weeks and now back. have a blue line appear on my desktop and posted on here and caled pcs before i went away and everyone said sounds like a gpu is going down, i have retured home and have removed one gpu at a time and it still has this blue line on screen , no matter what gpu i have connected in the pc . surely it cannont be both gpu have gone wrong ? the line seems to dissapear after a while say 30 min and will not return unitll i reboot , i am very confused:)

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Would it be possible you post a pic of the issue you see.

Do you have all drivers installed and updated.

What specs have you got.

What kind of temps are your GPUs getting.
Can you run a benchmark or stress test for the graphics and keep an eye on the temps.

If you need advice for progs to do the tests soon as I see your specs and operating system I can help more with them

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thannks for the replys, well at moment im running the pc on my tv , i have no line on any other input its just when i boot up and line can stay there for 10 min or an hour , its left side of the screen an inch from the left and just goes stright up like a thin pencil line. I phoned pcs today again and they are saying its proberly my display but to be honest i really dont think it is , as i recently sent my pc back to pcs for repair and was using old pc and no line on display screen and no line with whatever else i plug in to tv, have done all drivers and the basic checks , its only on start up it does this and once it goes it does not show up again till i restart the pc. i have checked the temperatures for gpu and cpu using programs from here and they all seem correct, and this happens when i am just looking at the dekstop when the pc is in idle. i am trying to find someone to borrow another monitor to try it but i really cant see it being this as the tv is ok with old pc plugged in, have used other cable as well. i will post a piccy when i can so you guys can see . i will list my specs below if thats any help i am really puzzled and dont know what i can do. just worked out how to do a piccy . Here is the link, see what you think http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/imag0558r.jpg/ . also just opened steam to watch a game clip and the line disapeared, its very strange.

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 x 2 sli

3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE

Change to: CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)

Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

9 my tv)

Last edited:

baron75mk2

Banned
thannks for the replys, well at moment im running the pc on my tv , i have no line on any other input its just when i boot up and line can stay there for 10 min or an hour , its left side of the screen an inch from the left and just goes stright up like a thin pencil line. I phoned pcs today again and they are saying its proberly my display but to be honest i really dont think it is , as i recently sent my pc back to pcs for repair and was using old pc and no line on display screen and no line with whatever else i plug in to tv, have done all drivers and the basic checks , its only on start up it does this and once it goes it does not show up again till i restart the pc. i have checked the temperatures for gpu and cpu using programs from here and they all seem correct, and this happens when i am just looking at the dekstop when the pc is in idle. i am trying to find someone to borrow another monitor to try it but i really cant see it being this as the tv is ok with old pc plugged in, have used other cable as well. i will post a piccy when i can so you guys can see . i will list my specs below if thats any help i am really puzzled and dont know what i can do. just worked out how to do a piccy . Here is the link, see what you think http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/imag0558r.jpg/ . also just opened steam to watch a game clip and the line disapeared, its very strange.

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 x 2 sli

3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE

Change to: CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)

Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

9 my tv)

so this line is there on your tv & not on your monitor ? - do you see it when watching tv , dvds , blu rays or is it just with the pc on ?

Buzz

Master
Has the line been there from the start when using the computer with the monitor or is it a new thing.

In your Bios advanced section (press delete on start up)
Advanced tab
System Agent Configuration

Do you have PCIe selected as your GPU?

In Nvidia control panel,
Configure Multi GPU under 3D settings, do you have Maximize 3D performance selected?
And do both GPU show up in the diagram.

Does the line show up when you are in safemode??

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thanks for the replys , i think i have found what the problem is and after some more research i do beleive it is my tv starting to go a bit funny, i took a screenshot of the desktop and looked at it and the line was not present on the screen shot although it was present on the screen still, which tells me that the problem is with the tv and not the pc thanks for your help and suggestions with this.