Blue screen diagnosis - WHEA Uncorrectable Error

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
Hi,

After three and 3/4 blissful years with my PCS pc I've started to have some real issues.

Regularly when playing my MMO or Destiny 2 I'm getting the WHEA Uncorrectable error blue screen.

My pc is the one in my signature and the only change I've ma made is to add the 1080ti in March. Do you think my Overclocked processor/ cooling solution or Motherboard is on its way out or is it something software based that's doing it.

Any advice aporeciated.

If it helps, I've never done a fresh install since Jan 14, I've monitored temps when playing and everything 'seems' to be within nominal levels.

Fus

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Palit 780ti Jetstream, replaced by Reference Palit 1080ti

Hmmm, uses the same driver. Nonetheless, there's a couple of things we could try:

1/. Use DDU to uninstall the current driver package from the system, then reinstall from scratch, then test see how you get on.

2/. Open cmd prompt / powershell as admin, run an "sfc /scannow" to check for any corruption in the windows databases. Report any errors.

3/. Have you monitored your temps on the system? Worth doing so.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In addition to the above, turn off the OC and see whether that stops the BSOD. If it does it might be because the CPU can't tolerate that level of OC now, reducing the OC might help.

Before suspecting hardware it's always essential to eliminate a software cause. Backup your current system drive (a disk image is the best way) so that you have a way back to where you are now, and then do a completely clean install of Windows and all the drivers, if it's Windows 10 let Windows Update install all the drivers it can and only manually install drivers for those devices Windows Update doesn't. If it BSODs in that state it's almost certainly hardware.

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
@spyder and @ubuysa - thank you for the hints. I will follow the steps one by one tonight when I get home.

Will report back..