Blue screen of death: critical process died stop code error

Entrepreneur3636

Bronze Level Poster
You don't need to but if you have the space to copy them it would be a good idea to do so. All you need to copy is the entire contents of the Users folder, that's where your data is. :)
I've copied everything from there already :)

So, I don't need to copy any of this then:

logs.zip
LTIBootstrap.vbs
MININT
NVIDIA_GT
Perflogs
Program files
Program files (x86)
sources

bootex log

bootex.log
gdiplus.dll

?

Thanks for helping me out :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've copied everything from there already :)

So, I don't need to copy any of this then:

logs.zip
LTIBootstrap.vbs
MININT
NVIDIA_GT
Perflogs
Program files
Program files (x86)
sources

bootex log

bootex.log
gdiplus.dll

?

Thanks for helping me out :)
No you don't but again, if you have the space on the external drive, you might as well copy them so you know you have a backup of everything.

Entrepreneur3636

Bronze Level Poster
No you don't but again, if you have the space on the external drive, you might as well copy them so you know you have a backup of everything.
It will take me some time to copy everything, I think. I'll do that now, then will follow your instructions to reinstall Windows!

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out :)

Entrepreneur3636

Bronze Level Poster
Now that your data is safe the wisest and safest thing to do is to erase all partitions on all drives and install Windows on the fastest drive you have. Looking at your specs that would be the 512GB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 SSD drive.

When you have booted the Windows installation media click the big blue Install button.
Then choose a Custom Install. You will see all partitions on all drives.
Delete all partitions that you can see. Eventually you will be left with three drives just showing 'unallocated space'.

Locate the 512GB drive, that's where we'll install Windows - but not just yet.

First select each of the other two drives in turn and click the New button to create a new partition on the drive. Accept the partition size chosen - it will be the full size of the drive.
Then click the format button to format that drive.
Now do the same thing on the other (non-Windows) drive.

Now select the 512GB drive where you'll install Windows and click the Next button. The installer will create the necessary partitions and install Windows.
Once Windows is installed you'll run through what's known as the Out Of Box Experience (OOBE) where you'll set things like language, region, userid etc. Take your time with this process, be sure you understand what options you're choosing.

Once the OOBE has completed and Windows has started run Windows Update. You'll probably be asked to reboot, so do so and then run Windows Update again. You may have to reboot a second time, if so run Windows Update again when Windows reboots. Keep running Windows Update across all reboots until no more updates are found.

Then click the Optional Updates item and install all the updates you find there. Again, run Windows Update after any reboots until no more updates are found.

Then you'll have a working Windows system. :)
I followed your instructions but sadly it doesn't seem to be working :(

Windows seemed to run through the installation process but it never reached the Out of Box Experience. Instead, it said that it needed to restart. Then something popped up on a black screen saying:

Checking media presence.........
Media present...............
Start HTTP Boot over IPv4

Then it said:

Start PXE over IPv4 on MAC: (letters and numbers)

Then it said:

Start HTTP Boot over IPv6

Then it said something else (but I didn't catch it because it disappeared before I could write it down, it was some sort of an error).

Then it said:

Start PXE over IPv6 on MAC: (letters and numbers)

Then it restarted back to the reinstallation of Windows screen to start over again :(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I followed your instructions but sadly it doesn't seem to be working :(

Windows seemed to run through the installation process but it never reached the Out of Box Experience. Instead, it said that it needed to restart. Then something popped up on a black screen saying:

Start HTTP Boot over IPv4

Then it said:

Start PXE over IPv4 on MAC: (letters and numbers)

Then it said:

Start HTTP Boot over IPv6

Then it said something else (but I didn't catch it because it disappeared before I could write it down, it was some sort of an error).

Then it said:

Start PXE over IPv6 on MAC: (letters and numbers)

Then it restarted back to the reinstallation of Windows screen to start over again :(
Those messages occur because the bootloader cannot find the boot files on your specified boot drive. The installer should have made your C:\drive the boot drive but it may not have.

You need to reboot and enter the BIOS setup, press either F2 or Del as the system boots. Once in the BIOS setup you'll neeed to navigate to the boot options screen, how you do that varies from BIOS to BIOS, but you're looking for a list of boot options. Typically it's a list; Boot Option #1, Boot Option #2 and so on. You can usually drag and drop or use Fn keys to re-order this list.

Make sure that the entry called 'Windows Boot Manager' is in Boot Option #1 at the very top (so chosen first).

Entrepreneur3636

Bronze Level Poster
Those messages occur because the bootloader cannot find the boot files on your specified boot drive. The installer should have made your C:\drive the boot drive but it may not have.

You need to reboot and enter the BIOS setup, press either F2 or Del as the system boots. Once in the BIOS setup you'll neeed to navigate to the boot options screen, how you do that varies from BIOS to BIOS, but you're looking for a list of boot options. Typically it's a list; Boot Option #1, Boot Option #2 and so on. You can usually drag and drop or use Fn keys to re-order this list.

Make sure that the entry called 'Windows Boot Manager' is in Boot Option #1 at the very top (so chosen first).
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

You are a life saver!!!!

My computer is back up and running :):):):)