Blue screen of semi-death

Bsrz

Rising Star
Very strange I was just playing bf4 - been playing for around 5 hours tonight and suddenly my screen goes blue the pc shuts down to "protect my pc because of a fatal error" then reboots - everything seems fine as far as I can tell - there is no smoke coming from the pc so that's good. any ideas why this might have happened / any programs that can check all areas of my pc for errors?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If it is a one off I wouldn't worry. If it happens again try to record the error code.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have a look in event viewer,it may give a clue to the problem,It's normal to have a lot of warnings & errors so best look at the event viewer immediately after the problem occurs,then check if anything is logged for that particular time.
Go to control panel(All control panel items)/performance information and tools/click advanced tools on the left hand side/view performance details in event log.
this will take you to diagnostics-performance & boot /shut down events,It may or may not give a clue to the problem,but worth a try.
If nothing obvious showing there,at the top of the tree on the left hand side,click on custom views/administrative events.
You might get more information that points to something by selecting details/Friendly & XML view,in the event viewer.you could also try selecting "event log online"at the bottom of the page.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You might also want to check that all vents are clear, all fans are running etc. It may have been an over-temp shutdown?