Blue screens - SSD failing?

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
Hey guys

Looking for some advice here. I brought an OCZ Agility 3 SSD in May, (not from pcs though, but I thought I'd see if anyone here has any ideas) and I've been having problems with Blue screens recently.

I've googled the errors I've been getting, done lots of suggestions to try and find the cause etc. I originally thought it was a driver problem, so I've ran driver verifier, although it didn't particularly help. I've considered it being hardware failing, but I installed windows on a normal Hard Drive and the system runs perfectly stable, no blue screens or crashes, so I can rule that out, as if it was a piece of hardware failing, the crashes would be the same whichever media I used for windows.

So, ultimately, I think the problem is my SSD drive. Crashes can seem to be quite random, sometimes just browsing the internet will do it. However, I seem to be able to make a blue screen happen faster, particularly if running a game off the drive.

Also, after the crashes, the drive will disappear for a few minutes, Bios cant see it, and so Windows cant boot. After the few minutes, it will reappear , boot normally and run normally untill the next blue screen.

So, does anyone think this sounds like the drive failing? Oddly, The smart data says its fine, and a program called SSD Life says its at 100% health, so I really don't know what to do.

To make sure its not an update causing the problem, I just Secure erased the drive and installed a fresh copy of WIndows 8. I disabled updates, to see if the problem continues, and I got a blue screen fairly soon after the install. This is just bare windows ruining, with antivirus and google chrome installed.

Anyone think I should take it back and have it replaced, and see if that fixes the problem?
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

mitchell65

Gold Level Poster
Then I think you must have a faulty drive. I would send it back though it's said the warranty on this make is not all it might be!!

Last edited: