Blue screens then Faulty

Akerific

Silver Level Poster
So randomly one day i woke up turned on my Optimus V and it would not load up without Blue screening, i eventually found out it was my Nvidia graphics card so i put it into safe mode and re-installed/updated driver - Worked, however everyday when i turn my laptop on, i need to re-install Nvidia driver in order for it to work at all!
I've got it set to be running Nvidia all the time, but that won't work either.. any ideas as to what happened?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Drivers interface Windows with the hardware as I'm sure you know. So if we assume that the hardware is ok and the driver you're installing is ok then the problem must be with Windows. I am always wary about things that happen "randomly", stuff very rarely breaks all on it's own (though it does happen). So have you made any changes to Windows recently? Updates perhaps? Have you installed or updated any other software recently? That may be the root cause...

If it were mine I'd take a disk image (so you could get back to where you are now) and also backup all my user data to a different external hard drive (two backups is always a good idea ;)) and then do a clean reinstall of Windows and the PCS supplied drivers. Then, before you install any other software or make any config changes, test it as much as you can to try to get it to BSOD. If you have to install other software to test it then install one product at a time and thoroughly test it before installing another one. You might find that it just works after the reinstall, I suspect that might be the case.... :)

Akerific

Silver Level Poster
I had nothing recently installed or needing installing at all,i just popped it on one day and the blue screens wouldn't have stopped if I didn't go into safe move and delete then graphics driver then re-install on normal mode, I'm also very baffled how this happened so suddenly, and why it works fine after I re-install each time everything is up to date, I've tried completely wiping the driver and reinstalling which I thought solved it for 2 days but it's back

I'll give the clean install a go and let you know how it goes