Blue tooth mouse & head set operation with laptop

jon529320

Hi I received notification today that my new laptop is in the post. [rollinglaugh]

Now I have been thinking about getting a bluetooth mouse and using my bluetooth headset.
Am I correct in thinking that as my spec includes:
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-7265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) + BLUETOOTH
I will not need a bluetooth dongle for these two blueooth devices to operate?
I realise I only have to wait 'til next week to try them but I have a short term offer for a mouse and if it and the headset will co-exist and work together without a dongle I might go for the mouse.
Thanks for reading and any advice you care to offer.
Cheers
John

jon529320

Hi again
Well no one responded to my query but I notice that a number of peopled looked. So, just in case you want to know the answer I have managed to use the bluetooth function on the laptop and paired it with my mobile phone. Which means I guess that I can use the same functionality to connect to other bluetooth devices like my headset (when i can find it!).
Cheers
John

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi again
Well no one responded to my query but I notice that a number of peopled looked. So, just in case you want to know the answer I have managed to use the bluetooth function on the laptop and paired it with my mobile phone. Which means I guess that I can use the same functionality to connect to other bluetooth devices like my headset (when i can find it!).
Cheers
John

Usually a bluetooth mouse has it's own dongle, which is it's own personal network. I don't think you'd be able to connect without a dongle.

Headsets are different though, and yes, this would be picked up as a normal bluetooth device when you search.

SteveT

Silver Level Poster
Yes your onboard bluetooth should connect to any bluetooth device. I am currently using mac bluetooth keyboard and mouse but it is the same with a PC, no dongle needed as far as I know

jon529320

Yes your onboard bluetooth should connect to any bluetooth device. I am currently using mac bluetooth keyboard and mouse but it is the same with a PC, no dongle needed as far as I know
Thanks yes I think so - not sure how to talk to my mobile although it has linked.
Thanks for your input.
John